importing animals you havent seen

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

python_guy44

Reaction score
hey all,
I was wondering i have just got a very good deal for some ackie hatchlings. But the thing is he is in South australia. Is it safe to presume an animal is in good health etc. by looking at a photograph of it as i cant meet them in person until i get em at the airport?

I was also wondering if its possible to get the animals delivierd to my house (with an obvious up in the price).

Do you think you could see internal parasites or even mites etc for that matter in a photo? I think not...

As for delivery to your door you will have to organise freight proceedures with the seller...

so if i were to get them imported to me and wen i got em get them vet checked and if they were in bad condition i could send back with a refund?

I have had a very good experience receiving exactly what I wanted at the agreed price.
Clarice arrived from Cairns in perfectly healthy from an interstate seller who is a man of his word, has a great reputation, and is one of those all-round good guys.

Of course, not all sellers are like this.

I would say either inspect your propspective purchases, or buy from someone you have built some sort of relationship with... otherwise, it really is buyer beware...

i personally havent got anything from interstate but if i was too i would expect some guarantee of what i was paying for so if i wasnt happy with the condition and looks of what i was purchasing i could sent it back with a full refund, me personally would prefer to buy something that i can actually see before handing the money over as not everyone will be fair in a deal.... especially one interstate as it will be alot harder to try to work something out.... but thats not what it is like with everyone as there is honest people out there too that are true to there word

I purchase a 2 1/2 year old Coastal from interstate which went off without a hitch apart from not being too happy with the way it was packed. It turned out to be a fine animal though :)

Is the guy/girl a well known breeder, if not then do you know anyone else that has bought from them?
You may want to ask him to get them vet checked his end and supply a cert from his vet, will cost you more though! (That's if he's willing to do it!)

Is their anyone you know in SA near the breeder that could check them out for you?

Just a few things to moul over.

Good luck!

It's a chance you take, i wouldn't be worried about internal parasites in hatchlings, if they have a good name then theres no problem. If not talk to them on the phone ask lots of questions you can tell pretty quickly if they are the real deal or not.

It is always a gamble. I have bought many snakes inter-state and so far I have not had any problems.I have bought a few snakes off members of this community which I reckon is the best way to go. At least you get an idea of what sort of person you are dealing with or if you should steer clear of them.

it turns out he is the guy opening the new reptile place in south australia (reptile city) so i spose that makes him a well known breeder.... I dont know anybody down there unless there is someopne from aps...... I am getting a whole group photo so i get to choose which ones i want. Ill attach a pic that he gave me to look at for now.

ackie_hatchlings_4_sale.thumb.jpg

:p I recomend jason,i have some of his ackies & he is a good bloke to deal with.They arrived in terrific condition & very well packaged.I would pick them up from the airport as it may be a hot day & the courier driver may have a number of stops on his way to your place & they will be in a hot car all that time. :p

I imported my coastal from URS in SA and had no problems but i spose its a bit different importing an animal not from a recognized breeder.
cheers frodo

Im not sure i should be saying how much im paying in a public forum. But i can say its a bloody good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back