importing animals you havent seen

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be awesome fuscus, ill get his details aye. This is what aps is all about.

ackie_clutch3.thumb.jpg

ackie_clutch2.thumb.jpg

ackie_clutch1.thumb.jpg

Yeah thats the guy, but those ackie are gone and he had a clutch come in a week ago which are the ones seen in the pics above in my last post. There is no rush as i am getting them in about a month or even shorter. Ill get his details and pm them to you fuscus.

ps: what do you gus think of the clutch?

I've never had a problem importing from URS in SA - great animals & after sale advice

Hey Fuscus, do you know the guy selling that pair of Water Pythons in S.A. Metro??? MIght get ya to go and have a fondle for me :)

just throwing in my import experiences here.......
5 seperate occasions ive imported and 3 of the times, i saw pics of the animal/s being sold, also, i only ever picked up from the airport, never used or will i use a courier!
i've always rung and spoken to the seller before any transaction took place.
with the commercial breeders i felt at ease: i've handed money over to both urs and snakesnt. animals were in great condition, packed well for freight, fed well for me, etc etc ...
ive handed my money over to 3 other not so well known sellers, at a risk.
all 5 times i was happy with what i bought and condition they arived in, although the freighting companies can sometimes give ya the ****s.
also there's been a handful of times where i spoken to sellers interstate and chosen not to buy their animal/s, either because they werent prepared to freight, didnt have the knowledge of pack and frieght or they seemed a bit sketchy
guess you gotta go with your gut feeling ay, and if it dont feel right, hang up and forget about it, and dont give em your money, even if ya really really really really want what they've got!

Muddz,
Sounds like sensible advice.

Good to hear such good things about some of the big players like URS and SnakesNT,in my experience it's not always been the case that bigger is better, but sounds like they are Good Guys!

Neil

I've imported from Jason Lapins before, and I found him to be one of the nicest most helpful people around. The animals were wonderful, and had absolutely no problems whatsoever. 8)

I have received animals which i have not seen apart from a photo before,I have had no problems at all.Always beware but i have found generally most ppl are pretty genuine in this game i know myself, i haven't breed yet (fingers crossed my maccies will lay shortly)but i would not dream of mucking someone around i mean you need to build up a good rep.anyway enough waggin on

Hmmm...I would import from a well known breeder like URS or Pails for Scails, but not one that placed an ad somewhere. Unless I could see the animal I would not purchase it, because remember: The animal may not be the animal in the photograph.

thats a good point gg. but a guy who is opening a big reptile business in competition with places such as URS,gully rep centa etc. which are fairly up there in the reptile "industry", isnt going to go and ruin a building reputation as a reptile/reptile goods supplier (not that he doesnt have a reputation as a good breeder allready). Its just comman sence to treat all your customers with dignity and most importantly the truth...

ps: gg i remember a while back when you were known as "belle~bellinda" you said you'd have ackies by november, did you ever get them?

Me? Nope...Someone had contacted him about them before I did and hadnt replied for a few weeks. And he replied just when I had saved up all my pocket money...

lol thats harsh but sh*t happens aye. I was sposed to be getting my ackies this weekend but the licence forms (import) didnt go through so have to wait another whole WEEK!!!!!!

ps:the ones in my display pic r the exact pair im getting

cheerio, jeremy

Very nice ackies! And I was lookin forward to have a monitor aswell. I was gonna get one from URS with their special on, but I enjoy snakes so much more :)

P.S Tell me when you have your ackies..I want to see some pics! :)

will do, i was also going to get that deal but i found these ackies which are even better deal so i leaped at the chance at getting this lil guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back