Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hilbilliemobile

Not so new Member
Reaction score
just saw a large yellow snake with a black head in my garden9humpty doo northern territory) - he was pretty keen to get away from me - funny i was pretty keen to get away from him too. does anyone have any idea what it is

can you describe it some more? was it striped? you could also google it and look at pics to find a match

sounds alot like a BHP (black headed python) but i could be wrong
yea if it was yellow and does have some black-ish/faint stripes probably is, but with any unknown snake, leave it alone and it will leave you alone too

leave it alone and you will be fine :)
it isnt going to wait time stalking you to bite you, tthe only reason it will bite is if its scared.

could be a golden tree snake D. punctulata, althought they generally have light blue head, but some have dark blue, never seen one with a black head though.

i didn't get too close but it could have been a blue head , it was a bright yellow body no stripes or bands - was a bloody big snake though - getting near a metre

yellow tree snake, can bluff beautifully with inflated neck etc, but is completely harmless (not even fangs, let alone poison).

cool, glad to hear i am safe from the clutches of death, i see all sorts of reptiles daily but this one threw me a little with its size - real pretty colour matches my water hose

Hillbillie
Consider yourself very lucky
Not many people from down south have ever seen these
Few are kept in captivity and absolutely gorgeous snakes
Look like a yellow ribbon dancing through the trees
Plenty of them around the lagoons at Humpty Doo

great, i feel lucky(sic)
guess this snake missed the lagoon at humpty doo and got my back yard instead
he is in captivity of sorts
he has hidden in my tool cupboard for now

"was a bloody big snake though - getting near a metre" I wouldn't exactly call it bloody big!

Any particular reason why Pseudonaja havent been mentioned? Probably not a bad idea considering they can potentially kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back