Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any particular reason why Pseudonaja havent been mentioned? Probably not a bad idea considering they can potentially kill you.

My thoughts exactly! The Hooded Form of Gwardar can have a black head and neck and a bright orange or yellow body.

Was the snake on the ground? Or was it climbing something?

Blue

Golden%20Tree%20Snake%20800.jpg
??

yellow tree snake, can bluff beautifully with inflated neck etc, but is completely harmless (not even fangs, let alone poison).
Just to get you out on a technicality steve, no snakes carry poison, or are poisonous. i hear so many people say this when the correct terminology would be venomous, or carrying venom. Just being nitpicky.

Don't touch it!!!!!!!

It's probably a inland taipan by the sound of it!

Hilbilliemobile,

An answer to either the question Moosenoose asked, or my own, would allow an ID to be made and satisfy everyone curiosity that you have aroused. The feedback would be appropriate and appreciated.

Blue

Gwardar is the alternative name for Western Brown Snake. Eastern Brown Snakes have a black head as hatchlings and juveniles but it fades as they grow and mature, until it is disappears.

Blue

yellow tree snake, can bluff beautifully with inflated neck etc, but is completely harmless (not even fangs, let alone poison).

There's been evidence to say they are actually venomous, not remotely enough to do any damage.

So might be more accurate to say completely harmless.

i reckon no one is going to work out what this snake is as the description is too vague,
if its in your tool cupboard hillbillie can you take a picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back