In our Backyard

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodentrancher

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Found this little guy in our backyard. Dave has lived here all his life and has never seen one before. Photo colouring not the best, but the light colour is very light tan with black stripes. It is called a Broad Banded Sand Swimmer, and usually live in arid, spinifex country.

DSCN0068.jpg

Must be on Hols Chez, nice find! nice to see ya still about too! :D

they're are a nice looking lizard, when you can see there colours ...........lol

Yeah as I said my photography leaves a lot to be desired. Just thought you folks would be interested in something found a tad out of its usual territory eh? Scientific name, according to Fuscus' book is "Eremiascincus richardsonii"

Hey, trust Mark to take a better photo than me that's for sure. He's set it up nicely eh? I've let the little guy go again out where Dave found him. I see that URS have em for sale. $130 I think it was?

Yeah very cute little guy. We definately had one up on Mark, he's never seen one before either, even with all his wanderings around here in the Riverland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back