Incubating Northern Velvet Gecko Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptile_Maniac

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

All advice appreciated here! Does anyone know how to incubate northern velvet gecko eggs? The information I am after is incubation temperature, what to incubate the eggs in, and how many holes should the tub I use to incubate them in have? I have an exo terra incubation tub purchased with the $390 incubator, should that be fine?

Cheers, James

That will be fine, make a 50:50 ratio of water and vermiculite (weight) and incubate on that, dont make it until the day you get eggs. As for incubation temp 29-32 is fine, obviously the higher the faster they will hatch.

32 is too warm for this species, the range of 29-32 is generally for Snakes and Dragons.
Geckos such as Northern Velvets should be incubated in the range of 27-30 degrees with 28.5 being ideal.

What have read on this site so far is that vermiculate/water solutions seem to be more popular with gecko eggs whereas perlite/water and water seem more popular with snakes.

Correct me if I am wrong. :)

I had nothing but trouble when using vermiculite, many of my clutches went died half way through incubation.
I now only use Perlite for everything and I have almost perfect hatch rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back