incubation levis levis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garthcapper

Not so new Member
Reaction score
only just have started keeping geckos got a pair of levis levis at Christmas time was going through the tank the other day 7/4/13 and found a clutch of eggs not knowing what to do I put them in a container with the substrate from the tank and a heat source until I had an incubator which I got the following day but by that time the eggs had caved in I got them in the incubator with a container 1:1 vermiculite mix as soon as I could and have been watching them the last three days they seem to have some sort of white stuff on them is this mould or just from the moisture so I'm not sure if they are infertile or to keep monitoring them I also have had them at 30 degrees and 70% humidity

Your incubating temperature is OK. I would turn it up any higher though. Humidity is a little on the high end. But this should mean that there is enough moisture surround the eggs. And if you say they are dimpled and collapsing in, as well as having white stuff (probably mold), then the eggs are likely to be infertile. Especially if it's the first clutch from the female.

Nice clear photos would help confirm this.

The eggs may have desiccated too badly to be saved. Were they in damp sand or dry sand? If they are still sunken i would put a piece of damp paper towel over the eggs for a week or so or until they plump up. If you get a little LED torch and shine it on the egg in a dark room you should be able to see red veins if it is fertile. 30 degrees is ok and 1:1 should be fine.

here is a picture I took this morning of each egg, I put the paper towel over the eggs this morning and I'll try checking them over with a small light this afternoon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back