Indoor Monitor Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't link to search results Sam (but I did the search myself and you're right actually). I'm probably too harsh on APS search. I just default to my google method now without even thinking

Check out some of the links down in the Similar Threads section. Mine is posted here. Also spongebob recently started this thread that's worth reading

So you've decided on an ackie as the next addition to the collection from that long list?

yes and now Im stopping ! NO MORE ! I really have to stop myself or ill end up with a snake enclosure bedhead lol

You know you're only lying to yourself lol.

I've thought about am enlclosure on my bed head, but at the same time, I don't like the idea of it possibly falling on me while I sleep lol.

I have issues with APS search as well. I've typed in thread headings before knowing they're there but not able to find them using the search function.

I always find it on google though like Saximus.

That's very cool Reptilian. How does that close? Does the near side fold up and the mesh cover the entire top?

very cool enclosure Reptilian! youve just inspired me as i was thinking of doing one similar, what ar the dimentions? and how deep is the sand?

That's very cool Reptilian. How does that close? Does the near side fold up and the mesh cover the entire top?

Saximus, thanks for letting me know this enclosure is cool, to answer your questions, yes the walls do extend to increase the height of them from 2 foot to 3 foot high when need be, and where you see 2 long thin pieces of timber in the middle with a slite gap between them, that is for a seperate wall to be inserted in the middle, so l can use it as 2 smaller enclosures, that a 6 foot long - 3 foot wide - 2 or 3 foor high if need be, or the enclosure can be used as one large enclosure that is 6 foot square - 2 or 3 foot high, and the cover on top is made from steel frame with wire mesh welded to it, l have 2 of those that are made to cover only half of the enclosure, they both are 3 foot wide - 6 foot long, when l put the 2 of them on top of the enclosure they both a 6 foot square.

This enclosure was design to house small to medium size Monitors indoors.

Wow I can't tell if that thanks is sincere or sarcastic but I love your ingenuity. I love that the monitors get such a big area of your lounge room too :)

Last edited:
very cool enclosure Reptilian! youve just inspired me as i was thinking of doing one similar, what ar the dimentions? and how deep is the sand?

Monitordude, the sand inside the enclosure was roughly 4 to 6 inches deep, so the Sand Monitor had plenty of depth in the sand to dig burrows in, the timber l use to build this enclosure exterior plywood, the walls a made from 19mm thickness, and the floor is made from 25mm thickness exterior plywood, and the floor is fully cover with laminex for added protection from the Sand Monitor scratching at the floor when digging a burrow in the sand.

You can read what the measurements a of this enclosure in another post l posted on here, good luck in building yourself a similar enclosure hope my photos give you some idear on what and how to build your enclosure.

Wow I can't tell if that thanks is sincere or sarcastic but I love your ingenuity. I love that the monitors get such a big area of your lounge room too :)

saximus, Yes your right the Sand Monitor that l use to have sure did have plenty of my lounge room to move around in each day, if you really want to keep these type of Lizards you need to give them plenty of room to move around in cause they can be very active most of the time.

ln the wild Sand Monitors can travel 1 to 3 kilometres a day when its hot, so they sure do need plenty of space to move around in during the day to help control their fat and get plenty of exercise aswell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back