Information on Water Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbskda

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have recently been offered a Water Python hatchling for doing some work for someone.
Before I decide to take this I would like some info from people on this site that have or do keep them.
Any info that is provide will be greatly appreciated.

water pythons hey
well i have a breeding pair and if you are a hymophiliac
dont get it
:lol:
but too be fair they only strike when they are little like most small snakies at one stage or another
i have been told that they grow out of it
still waiting
my wateries are 2 years old
and the biger they are getting the more the claret flows when they strike
but i still like em for there color
and if its a gift and you dont want it
i'll have him
i just live up the road from you olmate
sc

water pythons

hi grant..
if the idea of a water python is a bit daunting for you im sure we could set you up with somthing else.
cheers paul.

Well, my water python has a better temperament than even my childreni although she was apparently very snappy when young. From what I've seen waters tend to have a reputation for being particularly aggressive, when they don't deserve it. Some are snappy, some aren't, much like any other species of snake. Care of them is straight forward, just make sure they have a big water bowl.

Don't own one (yet, am still waiting for my hatchling) but they are "reported" to be snappy. Absolutely beautiful snakes though, pretty close to my favourite out of the "common" pythons. I reckon go for it! :D

kept my guys at around 65-75% (humidity) that was with regular morn/night misting and a 36c hot end. Nasty as youngsters indeed, but grow out of that into one of the most trusting of snakes, def my fav species and are easy to care for, big soaky water dish is a must.

I think the water is one of the best looking of the Aussie pythons. They seem to seriously get on with their lifestyles in the wild from what I've read. They sound like a snake with character and confidence (once they mature). Definately on my list of snakes for my personal snake park. I better start doing lotto. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back