Injured Diamond Python - PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by Jacob99, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob99

Jacob99 New Member

I have a diamond python that does not seem to be moving the lower half of its body??
    No incident happened that could explain why, after a bowel movement its lower body has gone rigid, kinked and tense and isnt moving.
    I am so worried that it has somehow broken its tail or back as i am new to owning a snake and was hoping anyone might have some advice please?
    Temperament has been fine and it seems to start moving then stops when the lower half of its body doesn't respond....??

2. ricky_91

ricky_91 Active Member

how old is it probably dps if i keep one inside any longer than 5 years they die the ones outside live 10 years or longer they need real sunlight and hibernation or they just die and that sounds like what some of mine had done in the past before they died until i learnt to keep them ouside in cages I'm sorry to say this but thats what they do :(

3. White Wolf

White Wolf Active Member

Take it to a vet....just an idea....

4. Jacob99

Jacob99 New Member

Thanks for replying, I just bought it, it's only 6 months old so hopefully not dps then.
    Any other ideas?? il b taking it back to where i bought it for an examination and advice but if no luck will go to the vet tomorrow.
    Just trying to make a quick diagnosis to help it feel more comfortable through out the night...

5. ricky_91

ricky_91 Active Member

oh sorry if its that age then it must be bad i would be taking it to the vet and letting the people know you got it from

6. serpenttongue

serpenttongue Very Well-Known Member

Well that's not exactly true. Keeping them indoors does not cause their demise. The temperature at what you keep them indoors is what causes their demise.

Also, UV light does not prevent DPS, or rectify it.

7. White Wolf

White Wolf Active Member

Any news ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.