Interest in a Herp "twitchathon" ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if it's in the shire can we count species that we find in our collections as well?

Sounds like a brilliant idea Jason. Could become an annual event.
SSSHH, Is that the hiss of an intergrade carpet or a cross?

Ah I reckon most species can be IDed with a decent set of binoculars. Broadheads are excluded so noone goes disturbing them.

For most part frogs calling can be located by those that have ears (get a pair on ebay if you don't already have them) eliminating ID problems. You don't need to touch them. That said, if you're going to go after frogs each team should have a spray bottle of F10 or bleach to decontaminate between water bodies.

Sounds like a challenge. Finally, a competition in herping that doesn't revolve around "my snakes bigger than yours".

I'm keen.

Yes Henry, I want to make it a definate no touch policy, thus IDs need to be visual, and certain animals will be excluded, but saying that, lifting rocks for broadheads is alot of effort for a couple of points, when I could get that same amount of points far quicker elsewhere. If people go in teams, and understand it's all for fun, hopefully they will abide by the rules. No touching of natural habitat, but that doesn't include tin, and other debris on the sides of the road.

A bunch of burly blokes, Tattoo'd women and 15 year old kids.... stumbling through the bush.....

if i was a herp, i wouldnt stick around...

good luck tho, one of you needs to lead the pack speaking like david attenborough, wearing binoculars and stuttering..

Aw Kirby, don't be like that. Non-burly blokes are allowed too ;)

For most part frogs calling can be located by those that have ears (get a pair on ebay if you don't already have them) eliminating ID problems. You don't need to touch them.
QUOTE]

So every team can be designated one FATS nerd each ;)

I rekon you'd get a bit of interest from FATS. I am a so called Fats nerd ;) and theres a fairly diverse group that attend. Don't know many of the members personally but from what i can tell its a diverse group.

I'm In!

I'll be a half a FATS nerd ;) still got a long way to go before i get my full nerd certificate.

Count me in Jas, and a mate or 2 ,
sounds like a good day out.

Id be pretty keen for it, although i wouldnt like my chances of finding much.

A bunch of burly blokes, Tattoo'd women and 15 year old kids.... stumbling through the bush.....

LMAO, if the guys posting on this thread are burely id laugh to see what you look like kirby.

I am in but would prefer to be at home base in the admin section unless I can join the Hunter Brewers team. We'll promote with through Mac Heprs too mate and get a team going. Greg Davies can drive as he doesn't drink. Woo Hoo for Greg!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back