Intern. Photo Award my Reptile Images

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats shannon :D enjoy your work how cool for them to be displayed in paris to bring to light true Australian reptiles

I should be thanking you!! Virtually every reptile in that series is yours!! hahaha
You have such a great collection - jealous . . . of course!!!! :x hahaha

congrats shannon :D enjoy your work how cool for them to be displayed in paris to bring to light true Australian reptiles

Hey Mell,

Well, I use a Nikon D200 + 18-200mm VR lens + Nikon R1 Macro Lighting Kit.
I just have white or coloured cardboard behind the reptile and a lot of patience!

Settings depend on the available light at the time but I usually shoot in Aperture Priority mode and choose the Aperture depending on how much of the animal I want in focus or the angle I'm shooting at. Basically I take a LOT of photos and then choose the best from that.
After that a bit of post on the computer to correct colour and crop if necessary and voila!

Oh, and a couple of years of fiddling around and learning from mistakes - I'm self taught so there were plenty of mistakes to learn from - haha!

Congratulations Shannon, it's an award well deserved. Just great pics. That you are self-taught makes the achievement even more special I think!
Bloody good on ya! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back