Introducing Squeeky the Freshy!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlpreston

Reaction score
Thought I'd better stop being slack and share our new addition!

He's a male, yearling Freshy, about 37cm total length. He came down to us from Crocodylus Park just over a week ago and has settled in nicely so far. He has himself a 5ft tank at the moment but he's not destined to be a belt, we will build (when the time comes) a large, secure, display style enclosure.
To answer some questions I seem to be getting from people in the 'real world' in case anyone was wondering:

1- Yes we do (thankfully) have the time/finances/space to dedicate to him.
2- No we don't plan on making a lap pet out of him or 'showing him off'.
3- Yes I'm certain that he won't hatch some fiendish escape plan, in cahoots with the BHP's, and eat my children. (Seriously, someone asked!)

I've been fascinated my whole life by big reptiles and predators of any kind really and as a teenager I dreamed of keeping crocs (and spent a LOT of time planning the details). I feel very lucky to be in a position to care for this little guy and am blessed with some great mentors to help me with any questions along the way.

So here he is :)

anyze6ap.jpg

5u6a7aba.jpg

aty8upyt.jpg

nytybupy.jpg

su9areze.jpg

Wow that's COOL! Wat an awesome pet, I bet it would be hard to pull yourself away from the tank:)

Wow that's COOL! Wat an awesome pet, I bet it would be hard to pull yourself away from the tank:)

Thanks, he's just about the cutest thing I've seen but that's just a matter of opinion :)

I do find myself 'just checking' to see if he's okay more often than might be necessary lol, but have tried to give him some privacy to acclimatise.

So cute. The 'real world' seems stressful with all these pet reptiles killing children, pets, and terrorising the neighborhood.

Hope to see some pics as he grows up and moves into his awesome enclosure.

That's awesome, do you need a special LICENCE apart from an advanced?
He's cool as! :D

Opportunity of a lifetime, glad you have taken it with both hands and I am so jealous. It is something outside my means in Queensland.(demonstrators license required).

Thanks guys for the kind words! I am very grateful to have the opportunity which I know a lot of people might never have.
I will be sure to post updates as he settles in and grows (however slow that may be :D ).

In Vic an Advanced license is just a matter of a higher fee so we are very lucky in that regard. The only other requirement was import permit for me and export permit from the NT.

Luckily, I don't take all the veiled 'child endangering' accusations or flat out "that's insane" attitudes to heart. Also, the mother in law was quite horrified, so there's that too :)

Opportunity of a lifetime, glad you have taken it with both hands and I am so jealous. It is something outside my means in Queensland.(demonstrators license required).

They're no fun up there are they ;)

It really is an amazing thing to be able to do.

You're always welcome to visit if you're ever in the 'sunny' south :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back