Introduction Of me and my baby *pics*

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
After the long 24 hours of Account activation time, (jokes) I can finally post and look at pictures!!

I am just going to tell you all a little about myself and my little baby, Rocky.

I am 17 years old and live in Sydney, I have now left school, i should still be in school, starting year 12 this year. The reason i left was because i got into a tafe course i wanted in media and Journalism, i also go onto community radio ( 100.1 fm, sat nights, 7-9pm hornsby shire area)

My name is Cameron, I have a 19 month old Inland bearded dragon, Named Rocky. I found out a few days ago that he is a she. ( i think :S?)

I also have a long necked turtle, I am unsure about age, sex and species, a friend found it in the wild a few years ago, I told him to put it back but he didnt listen, and now he can't look after it, So he gave it to me. Because it has spent years in captivity it would not be able to fend for itself.
I have him in a 4ft tank at the moment, Hoping you guys can help me with this lil fella, will ask questions in another thread. His name, is turtle.

I have always loved weird but wonderful pets.

(rockys story)

On the 20th June 2006 I got my reptile licence in the mail, only class one. About 10 days later, the 1st of July i went to a breeder, travelled 2 hours to pick one out of about 30 bearded dragons.
When i saw the tank filled with beauty i was so happy, They all looked so perfect, and i had nearly made a decision, I had my hand in the tank to see if any would come to me, just about to lift my hand out to pick one up, a little claw landed on my thumb. The only beardie in a tank of 33 with a crooked tail, the only one that didn't look perfect.

With both of my parents telling me not to choose that one, to choose a more pretty one, without a second thought i picked him up. That was one of the best decisions i have ever made in my life.

Rocky is one of my best friends, has never bitten me, has never gotten angry, has always eaten and has a perfect health history, as soon as i get home i hang with Rocky. When i enter the room he walks to the door and stands there waiting. He is like a friend except he doesnt ask to borrow money or items, he doesnt talk behind my back and he is always there for me.

His tail looks nearly perfect, a few weeks after i got him it straightened out and the broken end fell off. He is a big fello, nearly 40cm now.

I included some pictures of my baby and my turtle..

Thanks for listening, cant wait to get started on this site.

P1040020.jpg

P1040022.jpg

P1040025.jpg

Rockys enclosure^^ 3ft atm, but On saturday i begin the build of his new and improved 4ft. This will become the home for a pygmy hatchling or another beardie.

P1040050.jpg

P1040048.jpg

P1040028.jpg

P1040036.jpg

Any coments, bad or good on my Babys or the enclosure are greatly welcomed. Especially about turtle. Any ideas on the species would be great. Or even about releasing back into the wild after long captivity. His previous owner was a .... well i don't want to get banned on my first day, but he wasnt the nicest or most caring person. Every since he got turtle i was thinking of ways to get him out.

Rocky is adorable! Beautiful little fella! The turt is a cutie too, difficult situation there!

Thanks guys, i love the little bugger

how big is he!
adorable little ones you have.
: )

WELCOME!!! :D
Hope you enjoy the site. You will learn heaps
Rocky and turtle a gorgeous

how big is he!
adorable little ones you have.
: )

I will go try and measure him now, without him thinking the tape measurer is some type of worm. I am thinking about 40-ish cm

Wow what a shock, i got him out and measured him perfectly, He is 45cm. and 19months old.. Is that big? because in alot of the threads i have seen none are that big.

well mine is 3 months old and 15 cm...
you do the calculations lol

Hi there!

I'm normally not a lizard fan but Rocky is such a spunky hunk! What a cool little dude.

g'day Cameron and Rocky! welcome and howdy-do :D

yeah just checked the date on the post.... ho hum, hello none the less!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back