Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry2

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I thought it was about time I introduced .
My name is Garry , I work shift work as a security officer and have always had a interest in reptiles. I have recently got my RKL and today bought my first enclosure with my first snake hopefully in the next few weeks.
I have been lurking on the site expanding my knowledge for a number of months and I am now divided on what first snake to get , here are my choices

Spotted
Bredli
Darwin Carpet

So far these are my first up choices and the list goes on but that will be later down the track. I have read quite a lot on this site and I feel I know a few of you guys already. I have been into aquarium fish for thirty years and have a few older tanks i can convert for snakes ( most heat lose solved by styrofoam ) so can get a few more snakes in the coming months.
I hope to meet some of you in the future and it looks like my learning is far from over. My other interest is my motor bke and my Rotty , He is my passive alarm system.

Garry

Welcome to the site Garry2.
Exciting time deciding on what should be your first Reptile.
Good luck with your decision.

Neil

hey gary, I have a spotted python would most probably recomend that as a first snake easiest to care for... I also have a cbr250rr what bike do you have?... and i have had my license for 3months and i already have 6 reptiles :D... they are fun and addictive, well welcome to the forums and hope we can help with anything you may need...

Matt

Hey Gary, welcome to the site mate. And get whatever snake YOU think is the coolest. There are alots of people here that would recommend one of those three as a must for your first snake.

Hi Garry2 !

I have a Spotted, he is just so placid and easy to look after, most pythons are I think if you get a quiet one.

Get what you want, it will be with you for a long time!!

I ride a bike too! I have a kawasaki Eliminator 250 cruiser style bike, real nice looking black one!

Anyway it IS addictive having reps! I am on my seccond , 1 snake and 1 beardie and have had my licence for 3 weeks!!!

Had the snake a bit longer but here in SA you can have just one with no licence.

Gary2 - Welcome.

In relation to your first snake - All three :lol: - Seriously though, think of how big you want your first snake to be when it is full grown. If you want a snake about a meter in length then go with a Childreni / Mac / Stimsoni, if you want a larger Python, pick one of the other two. They are all beautiful animals.

If you get into trouble or have a question - we are only a few key strokes away.

Good luck and Welcome to the wierd and wonderful world of APS. :wink:

Welcome Gary.

Prepared for a long relationship with your pythons...you can't stop at just one. Your list will keep going on!!....I have a long list that I'm going through quite quickly and keep adding to!!

I have a Hatchy Spotted and a Yearling Bredli (and a MD that's currently MIA), I must say though my Bredli is the best python I've ever owned she is sooo placid and loves to be handled and feeds perfect...just excellent.

The spotted is a little jumpy still only a little guy but getting there. The MD (that's not on your list atm) is great too.. I just need to find him!!

Again, welcome and ENJOY!

Hi garry and welcome, this site is fabulous! I have spotteds, bredli and a carpet and they are all great and different. Why not get one of each!!! :lol:

Welcome Garry, choose witch ever snake you think is the best or is your favorite i ahve to childreni atm and ther great snakes but soon adding some more ! hope you enjoy the site

Welcome welcome. Enjoy the site. Best of luck getting your first snake :)

Welcome aboard me harty aaaaarrrrrrrrrr

Opps thought this was the pirate forum my bad lol

welcome mate! any particular reason for those 3 on you list?

Thanks Guys

Thanks guys for the wonderfull welcome to the world of herps. Keeping only one is the problem as you all know. :D :D :D
Some of you asked me Questions and the answers are below

MERTLE / KWAKA-80
I ride a Suzuki Bandit 1200 K5 Blue / White :twisted:

THOR
My first choice would be the Darwin then Bredli

GLIMMERMAN
Size is not an issue as they all grow and I have heaps of room for them all

JESSOP
Reason for these three first....... not sure just like them

If you guys have any more questions please ask as I will when the time comes and I am sure I will have a few

Keep Herpen
Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back