Iphone 4 Vs Samsung Galaxy S ( could be 2)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive had my galaxy for over 6 months.. not a problem
my partner has had his iphone 4 for 3 months.. been replaced twice.. for either mechanical fault or software fault

go the galaxy. nice little phone with out the hassle of having to go to apple and get if fixed every few weeks

I have a Galaxy S. The Iphone didnt have nearly as many 'stock' functions, plenty of apps but as far as a phone goes had bugger all in comparison. The things they had in common i found to be much better on the Galaxy. I Actually have a couple of friends and family who after seeing and playing with my phone have upgraded to a Galaxy.

I'm still using my Nokia N95 8GB.
Seeing as though my contract has ended, I'm trying to decide if I should
go on another and get a new phone.

Or, just drop back to prepaid and not worry about a phone (I honestly don't care about new phones - the novelty wears off quickly). Or buy a phone outright.

My old Nokia N95 was the best phone ive ever owned

I hate my N95, it was as slow as buggery, battery would die quicker than any iphone I had, and when I did a software update the phone turned into a brick. It would take 10 mins from boot to dialing a number and pressing go.

Do you think there was a nokia store around to help me fix it, nope. If it was apple I would of had a new phone by the end of the day.

i was tossing up the same but i got the sony erricson xperia x10
its great

The Samsung Galaxy S2 is coming out in May, I reckon it'll be worth the wait!

there's also a htc coming out in a few months running dual core its meant to be 3x faster than any other smart phone on the market and its running android which is a plus

My missus sells phones for a living and she hates iphones with a passion, she gets so many of them returned (on a daily basis) to her with problems and cops abuse from customers who have spent their hard earned on a piece of junk, her advice is don't buy an iphone .

l am a long term i phone user and they definately have some reception issues but apart from that no worries...for me any way... solar 17 [Baden]

i gave up my Nokia N95 8gig for a samsung OMNIA (worst phone i have EVER owned) then bought an iPhone4 and im hooked love the iphone

IMO, Wait for the LG Optimus 2X. I couldn't and got an Xperia X10 (which I adore) but the 2X blows iPhone out of the water :D

I once swore that I would never use any other phone bar Nokia. If you can use 1 Nokia then you can use them all. Then the iphone came out.......I got the original and have never looked back. originally I made sure I had the covers on the glass, kept it in a cover and looked after it and it never missed a beat. Then I gave up on the covers etc, now the screen is scratched and it has a crack from the top edge to the ear piece, you can't even read anything on the back but it is still going strong. The battery is still good.

The thing you need to remember is all smart touch screen phones are based on the Iphone. The others stick a gadget on here and there extra but they will always be one step behind Apple. Everything with the iphone is done by Apple, hardware,software, itunes.....everything. The others have a phone based on reverse engineered technology, another company does the software then another company does the hardware. Apple is one of the largest companies in the world with pretty good back up service and warranty they build the phones and run the apps, the others use Android...a separate company.

Just remember that an iphone is a continued progression of the original ipod, a technology that has been tried and tested over years. All the back ups are in place and been running for years. The others are just pups in comparison. The reason most apps come out for the iphone first.....Tried, tested and popular. All the other companies, together, wouldn't have as many sales as Apple with the smart/touch screen phones.

Wait for the iPhone5 and then make your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back