Is anyone able to ID these frogs for me ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fairly confident in the following IDs, taking into account the photos provided....

Frog 1: Verreaux’s Tree Frog (Litoria verreauxi). Toe pads present, therefore Litoria. Pads on ends of digits are same width as digits. Dark stripe from nostril through tympanum. Mouth forward of eyes and nasal ridge.

Frog 2: Eastern Common Froglet (Crinia signifera). No pads on ends of digits and no webbing. Longitudinal ridges along dorsum (one of 3 morphs for the backs of this species). General body shape and colour.

Frog 3: Southern Brown Tree Frog (Litoria ewingi). Toe pads present, therefore Litoria. Pads on ends of digits are slightly wider than the digits. Dark stripe from snout, through eye to top of forelimb or further, bordered below from the eye back to the forelimb by white. General body shape and markings.

Blue

Frog 1 and 3 ewingii/verreauxii I have found hundreds of both and I cannnot pick them from those pics.

The 2nd frog is either Limnodynastes peroni or L. tasmaniensis. Not a Crinia at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back