IS Feeding bredli 2 sub adult rats ok?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusuf_Kormez

Reaction score
As. Above

So I fed my female adult bredli 2 sub adult rats instead of her usual 1 large rat
She has not moved much or come out of her hide for more then 10 days now
She will only move from spot to spot hot to cold etc
And then just
Sleep
Is this normal
I usually keep temperature at 30 hot side
25 lowest at low side

I have Not seen her be active for Last 3 weeks as she had just eaten the previous week before the 2 sub adult rats also

She use to be very active in her large enclosure investigating and moving swinging off uv light lol

None of these actions have I Seen. Last 3 weeks what is happening?

If the total weight is okay it doesn't matter whether you feed one or two (or more) items. If you keep a bredli's meal under about 30% of its own weight you should be fine.

I'd give her the option of getting a bit above 30 if she wants to. The cold end of 25 is good. If possible, a cooler option overnight would be good, but it's not too critical, especially between now and next winter.

It's not too unusual for them to be pretty inactive, especially after a good feed. Snakes naturally spend the vast majority of their time doing nothing.

I'd get rid of the UV light.

From what you've said, nothing seems too concerning.

When my snake goes into hiding for long periods I always think somethings wrong with her.. then she sheds and is back out and active

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back