Is it female (sexing thick-tailed help)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptiles101

Reaction score
So I went out yesterday I bought another Thick-Tailed Gecko to go with my big boy Harley, the pet store told me it was female, so I just want to hear from someone with a bit more gecko experience to tell me it is female or not.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 142
Thank guys! Glad she's a she haha :) I'm looking at breeding them, she's only 8 months so I think that's way too young for her to breed with Harley my male, what's the right age for my female to breed at? :)

Last edited:
people have successfully breed at 7 months, i forgot who i asked but a few breeders have done it, i did mine at 8-9 months and shes dropped 6 clutches, shes now about 1 year old

people have successfully breed at 7 months, i forgot who i asked but a few breeders have done it, i did mine at 8-9 months and shes dropped 6 clutches, shes now about 1 year old

Is it possible to breed at 7 months -yes.
Is it recommended? -no.
Females breeding at young ages have been known to have shorter life spans and die prematurely.

Exactly the same thing happens with dog breeders. The bitches are too young, or they mate them every time they come into season, and they end up either with a shorter lifespan, or health issues. As animals (reptiles), they will mate at a younger age, but as responsible keepers, we should do what is best for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back