Is it true????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rox.n.Lix

Reaction score
Ok, not sure what other heading to post this under.... My local council 'magazine' has a warning about it coming into snake season and tips to discourage snakes from coming in your yard (keep grass short, etc). They talk about how mice will attract snakes, and then they say "snakes will also eat pet food like bird seed or dog biscuits".... What the??? Really?

Surely they meant to say MICE will eat bird seed and dog biscuits?

I know some red bellies eat cat food. Snakepimp posted a picture of it.

Last edited:
I didn't think snakes would go anywhere near it. No wonder everyones worried and scared of snakes. Comments like that would worry everyone, no wonder there's a bad rep..

Last edited:
Well in my yard i have dog, cat & bird food........if the snakes were interested id put my money on them coming for the pets that eat this food rather then the food itself! ;) God some people talk such crap, & i agree with Ned, what a way to ease the fear!

Only the vegan ones eat seeds – not species related rather an individual philosophical decision :)

Last edited:
That's only one to eat it though. I doesn't mean all will or have eaten dog/cat food. You can't say that if we got 10 individuals from the wild, that each one, or most would eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back