Is my juvenile blue tongue behaving normally

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reg casey

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone i have had a juvenile blue tongue for 2 weeks now he or she is about 10 weeks old got it from a pet shop.. since i have had bluey he very rarely comes out of hiding when we are home and i also have a 10 month old baby that is quite loud haha i change blueys water and mix up his food every day... i assume he is eating and drinking because he looks like a good size to me but ive never come across any poo which i find weird... hes very skittish and defensive at the moment so he does his and try and bite a bit but i talk to him and handle him a few minutes a day...once he is in my hand or hood he is ok... is it normal for them not to come out of hiding? i have seen him out of hiding from afar until one of us walks passed which then he usually runs and hides... i mostly find him in his cave under the substrate and i have never seen him use the cool side of the enclosure.. any advice for a new owner would be amazing

I have kept juv. blueys before and they are very skittish and aggressive compared to adults and will take time to get used to a human presence. In my reptile handbook it states that juvs may bury scats to prevent predators finding them. My best suggestion is to be patient as blueys that have been improperly cared for as juvs can become hard to look after as adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back