Is my snake ok ? Please Look Video included

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally looks like its hunting...is it hungry...has anything in the enclosure changed? Other people may be able to pick a more "specific" issue if there is one!

seems a bit jerky but does not look uncoordinated the video is a bit short to really get a good idea of what hes movements are like

Better video would be helpful, i agree with Tristan, seems jerky but not uncoordinated, hope its alright

it does look a bit skidish. but he does seem to be hunting or looking for food. defrost some mice or rats or what ever your feeding him and offer him some and let us know how he goes also a longer video would give us a better idea of what he is is doing or if something is wrong.

i own 29 pythons and mine never jerk like that unless they are scared of sudden movment.

yeah it kninda seems like he is scared but iam not sure the reason why he would be

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a better video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIlYAGhy8DE&feature=youtu.be

Looks majorly stressed if you want my "opinion". Have you got many descent hides in there? Can the snake actually hide?

Also, have you got it in a heavily trafficked area? Are there lots of people walking past it every 5 mins?

How long have you had this snake for?

Cheers

looks like a snake being a snake to me lol!

Did it have something stuck on its face? Mine have acted like that before when they have had some critter crumble or something like that stuck to their face (from drinking or getting wet from water bowl, then cruisin round the enclosure)

Imagine having something itching your face but you have no limbs to get it off! Id be spazzin too :p

Edit: oops, didnt see the second vid, looks more stressed than anything from that one

i'd offer food and a hide that he completly can hide in. also click clack looks small for his size. and that hide is way to small. he does look very stressed out and scared. put him somewere quiet were no one will disturb him till you get a larger hide and larger enclosure. also a bigger water bowl so he can soak init would be great.

Looks majorly stressed if you want my "opinion". Have you got many descent hides in there? Can the snake actually hide?

Also, have you got it in a heavily trafficked area? Are there lots of people walking past it every 5 mins?

Cheers

+1 on the above. Whilst it does look similiar to an Olive in "feeding mode", there is a subtle difference in my opinion as it wasn't too interested in the person and the camera more than trying to "get away". The video isnt clear, but could you get a picture of its whole enclosure and all its hides ast he video makes the hide and enclosure look too small for a snake of that size.

if not hungry then it looks extremely agitated and scared of something, wild snakes act like this when caught and put into a container

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back