Is My Stimsons Underweight?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robes63

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Ive had my stimsons for just over a week. The person i got him from said he was 6 months old. After a bit of reading I'm thinking he should be a lot larger for his age. Currently aprrox. 30cm and 13 grams (2 days after feed).

I fed him one pinkie mouse the day after i got him. Then 2 pinkies 5 days later. Has taken all straight away.

The questions i have are.
1. Does he seem underweight
2. Is he actually younger than i was told.
3. Is he still too small for fuzzy mice

Not the best picture below but good size reference next to a cuetip
20170622_174217.jpg

I would defintely up the food size, pinkys don't have much nutritional value.
With prey size they can take much larger meals than themselves I usually got 1.5 x the width of the snake :)
6 mths old would be right for this time of year as that's when egg hatching season was :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks kittycat

It sounded like he was fed one pinkie a week so definatley want to start feeding him something more substantial.

Do you think i could offer 3 pinkies a meal to finish the pack or just move straight to fuzzies?

Finish off the packet. Don't feed them all at once, maybe over the course of a week? It looks to me from the photo the snake is younger than 6 months... Spotteds are a similar species and at six months mine would already be on fuzzies/hoppers. I doubt your Stimmie is underweight or unhealthy, all snakes are different individually. Happy herping! :)

Finish off the packet. Don't feed them all at once, maybe over the course of a week? It looks to me from the photo the snake is younger than 6 months... Spotteds are a similar species and at six months mine would already be on fuzzies/hoppers. I doubt your Stimmie is underweight or unhealthy, all snakes are different individually. Happy herping! :)
Thanks for the advice. I'll finish these off and get him some fuzzies

Haha. Yeah pretty tiny.
I might try one of each and see if he takes them. A couple of large feeds cant hurt

I'd suggest trying him on fuzzy and maybe hopper if he seems confident.

I'll see how he goes with the fuzzies. If he gets them down easy and grows a bit i'll have a look at the next size up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back