Is this a coastal?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spanna_spamload

Reaction score
hey guys my friend found this snake in his laundry in north QLD and i know the pic is crap (not mine) but Im not really sure if its a coastal or not looks to me to be exoticcoleys found snake.jpg, any suggestions?

cheers

ahahahah what a find a teachers aid ay my school found one of these too

tell him not to release it and take it to your closest wild life park or who ever the authorities are in his area

real question is, why are you free handling this snake when (although not dangerous) you dont know what it is. although it constricts, it is a colubrid so therefor lacks the distinguishing characteristics of pythons. point being. obviously not a python, you obviously didnt know what it was, you obviously should not have been free handling it.
not trying to sound harsh or anything.. but if you dont know what it is.. leave it alone! number one rule of herping...

real question is, why are you free handling this snake when (although not dangerous) you dont know what it is. although it constricts, it is a colubrid so therefor lacks the distinguishing characteristics of pythons. point being. obviously not a python, you obviously didnt know what it was, you obviously should not have been free handling it.
not trying to sound harsh or anything.. but if you dont know what it is.. leave it alone! number one rule of herping...
agreed

a friend found it, I never saw the snake or anything he just showed me this pic, the photo was blurry so i was not sure of what it was. Ill back myself in IDing most of the snakes found in FNQ

ahh ok. well slap your friend in the face very hard and repeat what i said. explain things like heat pits, eye location and pupil shape, head size/shape vs body shape, scale arreangements etc

a friend found it, I never saw the snake or anything he just showed me this pic, the photo was blurry so i was not sure of what it was. Ill back myself in IDing most of the snakes found in FNQ

I find it interesting that you say you would back yourself IDing most snakes found in FNQ however you thought this was a Coastal?

yeah, I didn't even know what a corn snake looked like at first until it was mentioned here, but I knew it wasn't a coastal - partly because I have a coastal, and partly because the snake was an overly reddish colour, which I haven't seen in any of the carpets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back