Is this a decent price for a terranium?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMyke

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm about to buy my first terranium (and going to put [FONT=&quot]Red-eyed Tree Frog Litoria chloris[/FONT] · [FONT=&quot]and Dainty Tree Frog [/FONT]Litoria gracilenta in it). The tank I've found at my local pet store is 54cm deep x 140cm wide x 61cm high. It's a brand name call 'Atasuki' which I researched online and couldn't find much about other than they are Chinese and ship these terraniums flat-packed, which I guess means that my petstore has then had to assemble and silicon it together (is this necessarily a bad thing?). They are asking $400 which seems very reasonable from what I can tell?

Any thoughts or comments on this terranium would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :D

Ab
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

pet stores are always going to be on the expensive side, but you will need to give more info construction materials etc

have you thought about an exo terra , i had a look at the Atasuki website , they look good but i prefer personally to buy a brand i know or at least can look at before hand.

pet stores are always going to be on the expensive side, but you will need to give more info construction materials etc

Ah yes, sorry.

It appears to be tempered glass construction, aluminium supports in each corner, plastic clip-on style lid with a metal mesh to allow airflow. Lid also has pop-out sections to allow cables etc. Front of terraium has two slide-open door door for front access.

have you thought about an exo terra , i had a look at the Atasuki website , they look good but i prefer personally to buy a brand i know or at least can look at before hand.

Thanks Sarah. :) Just had a look at ExoTerra, I was hoping however to find at least a 4 foot wide terranium, from their website 3 foot is the largest.

exo terra tanks are my favourite so i guess im biased but i do have other brands but these are the easiest to maintain and i think you are right they dont go above 3ft.

Well im picking up a timber enclosure,lizard,and everything i need to get started for $480 so maybe put up a wanted ad on the forum and go from there.

Sometimes herp keepers upgrade so give a price and wait. Its worth it

how long is a peice of string?

price will vary drastically especailly buying from pet shops there is numerous online reptile shops and suppliers which i can gaurentee are a tonne cheaper then shops,if you can wait upto week for postage you will save a fortune

here is a great example last week a ceramic heater died on me $77.95 through pet shop, online supplier $22.50 only differene no pretty box they last just as long that wattage puts out the same heat does identical job so why pay for a pretty box, and some useless twerp trying to sell you a reptile product that prolly has never seen a reptile in there life and to make a fortune from you

i dont think i can link you but if your interested pm me

If you need to ask if purchasing that product is good, then maybe you shouldn't. It appears you can't see value in it. If you hold out for another few months, Kongs/Reptile one are releasing a 4x2x2 terrarium. They also have a nice 2 x 2 x 3 which is good for frogs.

Also "the jungle guy" you would be surprised how much profit shops make. as with any hobby people think they are being ripped off when infact they sometimes shops make less than 50% profit (just for the sale and to make the end user happy). In a retail world, that's very low margins and bad business.

Also, the Atasuki brand looks like resun/absolute branded tanks, so it might be just a re badged tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back