Is this a white crowned snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kylie30

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone :lol:

Hubby found this little guy at work today about to be squashed by a big pile of rubbish in a cleanup. So he saved it of course!

Not something that he had come across before I have been looking on here and I think it is a white crowned snake?

He works at Bowen Hills near the city Brisbane for any who were interested.

Are these rare snakes? Can they be kept in captivitiy? If so what do you need to be able to keep them? He is very cute.

Sorry forgot the pics

Attachments

• 100_1175.jpg
    100_1175.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 100_1177.jpg
    100_1177.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 142
Yep it's a Cacophis kreftii. Fairly common around SE Qld. You can't legally keep them without a permit, and you aren't allowed to take them from the wild if you do have a keepers permit. All captive reptiles must be sourced from captive bred stock. Sorry to break the news :) Make sure when you release him it's into a good bit of bush.

Yep it's a Cacophis kreftii. Fairly common around SE Qld. You can't legally keep them without a permit, and you aren't allowed to take them from the wild if you do have a keepers permit. All captive reptiles must be sourced from captive bred stock. Sorry to break the news :) Make sure when you release him it's into a good bit of bush.

not kreftii, its cacophis harriettae

Yes its a White crowned snake, best to find a nice spot to let him go.

Thankyou for your replies. Yes hubby will let him go in the morning on his way to work in some bush near us. :D I am sure he will be a lot safer there.

Yes we do have a wildlife permit and I understand of course that we can only purchase from a proper breeder etc as we did with our stimson's pyton. I think I asked wrongly. I was curious as to whether people actually breed these in captivity? Only as we hadn't come across them before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back