Is this python worth its price tag? Opinions needed.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i already had them out tonight and one had a feed so ill wait till tomorrow to get some photos and post them tomorrow avo ok. one is a vibrant yellow/caramel color with very light cream with blue/grey eyes. yeah it is a little unusual but its what i liked about it.

the other one i have looked a bit like the one you are considering buying (just a bit darker), but has recently and very suddenly changed to a darker colour. im not saying yours will, just agreeing with someone's post about how some can seem light but then change to look like a normal coastal look. though i dont believe that will be the case with that python.

Last edited:
This is exactly what I was just discussing with my partner! I will probably end up with him, regardless ;) Our collection is just growing too fast, not that that's a bad thing! For our wallet, well that's another story! I am just wondering if I'll be able to get one like this guy later on down the track for a similar price.

He's going for $200, as I've always stuck to pure breeds and have never bought or looked in to buying something like this, I'm lost.

with the amount of caramels being bred to jags you can be asured you will most likely be able to get some down the track for that price!! as there is going to be quite a few caramel jag sibs about.

and to be honest if the breeder does get peeved then he should consider being more honest with his dealings then he would not have caused such confusion for no reason at all causing his very own customers to go questioning his live stock. brought it all on himself if you ask me.

i would have still bought the python simply coz its what i liked. soon ill be buying a albino but i still think my bright yellow cream one will be my favorite.

Exactly, its a $200 hypo coastal not a GTP, the breeder also does not seem to confident on the specific breed, as someone has already experienced, so I'll take my chances. I'd rather have peace of mind than worry about posting a picture on the internet that is already on the internet with no copy right or business trade mark. I am awaiting reply from the breeder, if he's "peeved" it will only take one click and this thread will be gone.

All photographs are the property of the photographer, doesn't need to have anything written on it, that is the law. I for one would be pretty annoyed if it was my photograph being used.

heres a old pic from when i first got it, about 4 or 5 months ago
PY1.JPG

thanks for the help lol.

this one is getting brighter with every shed.

Last edited:
good thanks, yourself?

i already had them out tonight and one had a feed so ill wait till tomorrow to get some photos and post them tomorrow avo ok. one is a vibrant yellow/caramel color with very light cream with blue/grey eyes. yeah it is a little unusual but its what i liked about it.

the other one i have looked a bit like the one you are considering buying (just a bit darker), but has recently and very suddenly changed to a darker colour. im not saying yours will, just agreeing with someone's post about how some can seem light but then change to look like a normal coastal look. though i dont believe that will be the case with that python.

Good, thanks.
They sound great! Okay, thanks for this :) Will hopefully get a chance to go have a look at him in the next couple of days.

Your attachment didn't work. Once you've attached it scroll down to "manage attachments", tick on the photo, then "done". Then the photo should work :)

Last edited:
I have to agree with the original poster on this, if the breeder has nothing to hide then posting a photo of a snake you are thinking of buying shouldn't "peeve" the breeder at all.
As long as you aren't kicking tires or picture collecting I really don't see the problem.

hi, i do know where this python comes from and i can tell you exactly what it is, coz i have 2 of its sibs. i have had them a few months now.

it took me quite a while to work out what they are exactly. they are a caramel coastal jag x high yellow jungles. the breeder lives in St Mary's. he didn't seem very truthful when selling them "gave the impression he didn't know much about the genetics at all" but I'm satisfied.

ill post a few pics on here soon and you will see why.[/QUOTE

Hey there :) how are they going?! I got this impression too, hence the thread. Pictures would be great! Thanks.

Exactly, its a $200 hypo coastal not a GTP, the breeder also does not seem to confident on the specific breed, as someone has already experienced, so I'll take my chances. I'd rather have peace of mind than worry about posting a picture on the internet that is already on the internet with no copy right or business trade mark. I am awaiting reply from the breeder, if he's "peeved" it will only take one click and this thread will be gone.

If this is indeed the case and it is a sib, Then there is no way you or anyone should be calling this a "HYPO"coastal as it is not!
If you like it as a pet and are happy with the price then go for it, But on the other hand sounds like you are buying off someone thats being dodgy with the info or lack there of on the snakes heritage!

Last edited:
I have to agree with the original poster on this, if the breeder has nothing to hide then posting a photo of a snake you are thinking of buying shouldn't "peeve" the breeder at all.
As long as you aren't kicking tires or picture collecting I really don't see the problem.

I'm curious about this too. I can see how someone would not like it, but I am puzzled as to people bringing copyright into it? The OP is not representing the photo as their own, nor deriving any consideration from its posting. Isn't it a fair use kind of situation? I could be wrong of course, not being a photographer or copyright lawyer :)

ok and here is a pic of the other 1

Attachments

• PY2.JPG
    PY2.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I'm curious about this too. I can see how someone would not like it, but I am puzzled as to people bringing copyright into it? The OP is not representing the photo as their own, nor deriving any consideration from its posting. Isn't it a fair use kind of situation? I could be wrong of course, not being a photographer or copyright lawyer :)

No, it is not considered a fair use situation. They are using the image without permission from the owner and publishing it on a public forum. They should have linked to the ad, but of course that is not allowed by APS.

wow i have to comment on this. most of the time when a person submits a photo to a advertisement or forum posts the person submiting the data loses copy rights. in many cases you will find the conditions of the upload agreement and/or disclaimer.

eg if i submit a advertisement online with a pic. if i did not forfeit my rights then the site displaying the photo is technically breaching copyrights. by clicking the submit you arent only waving the rights but you are also stating original ownership, therefore the site has clean hands.

you will also find its a similar case when it comes to uploading to file sharing/cloud computing sites etc. alot of the time it says in the disclaimer/agreement its says the site will have full rights and ownership of any and all data/info.

but in the end do you really think that this matter would ever have a chance in hell of getting to the court room lol not at all.

(sorry for getting a bit off the original topic here)

The photographer is usually the first owner of copyright, even if he/she does not own the camera.
Unlike OS, in Australia, the photo is protected automatically the minute it's taken and is protected for the whole life it's author, plus 70 years after his/her death.

Only copyright owner has the right to re-print, or duplicate or publish in public, email, or put on the web etc..
The copyright owner also has the right to restrict it's use.

There are exceptions in case of commissioned work or a fee is paid for the restricted/exclusive use of a particular photograph. (it's like renting a photo for a short period).

There are some exceptions for student work and libraries etc. (I don't remember them all)

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Ric

Last edited:
I have removed the photo as I don't want to upset anymore people. Although, I know most won't care. I mean who doesn't save and share pictures? Most people on this site have an image from Google as their avatar. Anyone who posts a picture on the internet, without getting it copy written, must be more than prepared and willing to take the risk of others using it. I'm sorry, but welcome to the bloody internet, guys!

Last edited:
...Anyone who posts a picture on the internet, without getting it copy written, must be more than prepared and willing to take the risk of others using it...

Most people don't know they're taking any risks at all.
(although ignorance of the law is not an excuse)

Most people here take a photo of their own pet to use as their avatar.

Good luck with you snake purchase
(whatever you end up getting)

Have nice day.

P.S. in case anyone interested, you can find the copyright info on the Australian Copyright Council site and download the PDF for future reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic but I agree. Go onto every single persons computer and I bet there is one photo that they have saved and showed someone else. No one is perfect..however I did find the add for the little fella. Go for it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back