Is this right ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake007

Reaction score
Hey I was talking to a old friend of mine the other day he was telling me he feeds his carpet a live chicken every 5 days ... Is that to much ?

Think he said its about 1.5 meters to 2 meters ....

Platty?
Echinda?
Monetromes or whatever... still warm blooded... it's not a biology exam...

Anyway, that's not my point... I didn't think you were allowed to feed live...

I thought you were not allowed to use live mammals as food....
Chickens are birds.
But yes either way live feeding isn't allowed as far as I know. And 5 days is way too often to feed an adult coastal, it could easily get by being fed once every 2-3 weeks.

I don't feed live food not cus its illegal but cus it means u have to HAVE live food. My snake dont smell but I guarantee you mice and rats will stink...you shoulda smelled my old uni

Live food can be used provided other avenues have been used prior

This has got to be another gee-up.

At that size a coastal is not going to eat a full chicken. Maybe a quail but not a full chicken.

Second you throw in the live comment, just fishing for a reaction. You know the rules on live feed, the risk ect ect have been covered again and again.

Third - Its from a "Power Seller" who only joined Jan-12

Ok So I have a friend who live feeds his Komdo Dragon two live Koalas a week. Is that safe or should he deep fry them first.

(sorry mods - sometimes you call it like you see it)

Could it be a sub-adult chicken? A baby chicken? No, ridiculous. Sorry.

I only do thawed or fresh-kill. im not sure on that type of snake, but adult snakes of light to medium build should only eat once every two weeks or so, my red tail boa (i live in the U.S) takes a medium rabbit every 3-4 weeks, but she is pretty thick.

Assumptions make you look silly btw.

Power seller has any relevance to the question being asked? Hmm... no don't think so. "Live chicken" doesn't equate to "Adult chicken". sigh -.-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back