Is too much bad?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neven

Reaction score
hey im just wondering if u can over feed beardies? cos i have recently made a new invension for my terrarium where the cricket box is mounted on the side of cage. they then can crawl through a cut i hv made in the vent. i can change the vent when i think they hv had enough but i was wondering when is enough??? n also wat does it mean when you hv one star below your name on this???
NeVeN

yeh but rnt crickets more appertising.... as mine luv them to death so im affraid they might become obese or some thing. i read in a book not to feed them more than they can eat in one feeding... but the crickets come out gradually so how can i no wat their max is???
NeVeN

Nah, Feed them heaps, you'll be amazed how much they can eat.
. They will overeat if you have seen them eat a lot of lettuce until they are full, they will still pounce on a cricket or woodie. They are just pigs, but great lizards! This is my theory on the mouth open, when they have eaten a lot they withstand hotter temps to digest though this overheats them and they open there mouth to help cool down a bit. Mine only does it after a big meal.

Mine have woodies ad libertarium and only eat as much as they want.

OK, they get as many as they want. I have a chinese take away tub in there that is painted with fluon and I just put 40-100 roaches in it at a time and when they are all gone, I put more in.

Don't they tip the container Maggie? I used to have cockies breeding in the enclosure with my beardies cos they would only eat what they wanted and the conditions were just great for the leftovers to breed :)

:)

There ya go, Nevs! Helpful bunch on this site, aren't they? :wink: Told ya so!

The star under your name is simply an indication of how many posts you have made on the site.

yeh thanks guys u r a very helpfull bunch... appreciate your help.... lol... my invention didnt work to well. woke up this morning looked in the cricket containter and they where all gone... n i had closed the entrenece into the enclosure. ohhhh my mum is not gonna be happy with 60 crickets runing around the house... oh well wat can ya do lol
thanx
Nev

GGrrr Afro, you had to give them the idea didn't you. They have never tipped the roach tainer over before and today, what'd they do? They tipped it over and let the roaches out of course. Ggrr

So sorry Maggie old boy :( How will I live with myself now I have been guilty of aiding and abetting the great escape of the cockies :)

hey wat can i do about my boy lizard. he keeps biting the girl on the tail... n she wont fight bak

Definitely seperate them, I had two this season I thought were doing fine together, until you realize the size development differences, that can take a while and be to the detriment of the other lizard. Beardies can relentlessly bully the other.A friends beardy just bit the others tail off totally and he had to amputate more. They bite toes and legs off each other.
Seperate them I reckon.
I'm assuming these are fairly young beardeds, but for you to know there sex they may be older and having mating behaviour. they usually bite around the neck area though.

yeh i might try that.... they r only bout 3 months.... does ny one no what is involved in breeding crickets.... cos i hv spent a fortune on them lately... does it just require any special things or can i just chuck a few crickets in a tub n put some egg cartons n food then hope they will breed???
Nev

yeah just chuck them in a tub with a few egg cartons, with some fresh food (i use lettuice and carrot). but they will only breed in moist sand. just get a small container and fill it with some sand and make sure that the sand is kept moist, this is what they lay there eggs in.

Who told you they where male and female? 3 months is still preety young to be sexing beardies accurately.
Baby beardies will fight regardless of sex they can be buggers to raise together, better off raising them seperately till you know their sex for sure.

Maybe they were popped?
As for expensive crickets why not use feeder roaches? They are not only cheaper, (from Herp Shop anyway), but much easier to breed, AND the buggas don't jump!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back