It Begins!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamR

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey! My name is you guessed it! Adam. Ive had a long time interest in herps, but thru people telling me I'm not allowed or being told its all too hard have never actually got one. As of about a month ago now I decided too look into it myself after chasing a bearded dragon, realised its not too difficult and convinced my family that a reptile would be a good addition.

My first reptiles will be 2 lizards which if all goes to plan Im buying tomorrow. At the moment im looking to buy 2 Pogona henrylawsoni, although the person im buying them off has a couple of different types so we'll see. What im after in is a species of lizard which will be happy as a pair in a 3ft tank, easy to care for, and a good holder. So far Ive been pointed towards the Pygmy dragons, but am open to late suggestions and advice.

My choice reptiles would definately be snakes but as I have 3 members of the family who strongly resent my feelings I thought lizards would be the foot in the door. I would love to get into the mildly venomous snake range and so far the snake I love the most is the Blue Phased Green tree snake. So thats my long term goal.

Anyways other than that, im at Uni studying Health and Education, and am also beginning another degree in Zoology beginnin in March. I also keep cichlids mainly dwarf South American or West African.

And I apologise for all the questions you will be asked from me.

AdamR

Welcome mate & don't apologise. Oncve you have that Zoology degree (and prbably a PHD in Reptiles of some sort) then we will be asking all the questions of you.

And nothing wrong with pygmy beardies. I saw some beauties yesterday.

And how can people say reptiles are hard work. I keep most of mine outside and I get 4 months off from looking after them!!! try that with a dog or birds!!!

AdamR, for some reason unknown, i know that name from somewhere!!! ;)

Well I know yours from ACE! So Im guessing thats where you know mine from. Think lots of annoying questions about dwarf cichlids.....

Adam

Hey Adam.

Welcome. Phew, you'll be busy with a double degree! Make sure you make time for us though. It's a fantastic site and the folk are brill at answering questions.

Post us some pics of what you get when you get it? And make sure you include their names! :wink:

Cheers, Lily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back