Itchy woma

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacevy

Reaction score
I have a 3 month old woma that is rubbing itself against everything.
He shed last week and then a month before that.
He is not spending time in his water bowl but I have seen him drinking from it.
We have checked the bowl for mites just in case he has been in it when we aren't looking but nothing.
We have looked at him around his eyes, mouth and all over his body but can't see anything.

Bascially from the day we got him he would rub against rocks. Now he rubs against everything contorting his body to get a full body scratch. He also dig his nose in to the substrate.

He is on the play bark from bunnings. Can they be allergic to this?
Does it sound like mites? How can I find out?

If in doubt about the play bark which could very well be part of the problem, get back to basics and use paper towel or newspaper.

Not too sure. I wouldn't be overly concerned. If it was really bothering me I'd chuck him on only newspaper for a while and see if the behavior persists.

Quite likely the bark is pine... Not good for snakes

i use the eucalyptus chips from there for my shinglebacks and am thinking of trying them with my woma

Our Woma (3 months old) seems to love rubbing herself against things aswel. We have her on newspaper and she still likes to rub on the stick in her tank and also loves the feel of the concrete outside. I wouldn't be overly concerned and maybe do what Riffherper said with putting on newspaper for a while and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back