It's Raining Iguanas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would help if people stopped ‘saving’ them and warming them back up!
I hope someone somewhere will decide on some form of easy collection and culling for them.

And from what I’ve heard, the Burms are also suffering in the cold weather

i know there's someone who takes the invasive ones and sells them on fb, pretty cool guy. The most humane ways for the iguanas to die is to die in the egg due to the weather honestly.
[doublepost=1515268467,1515268434][/doublepost](though that won't happen, sadly)

this is a good example of our governments tough import laws working.Sure sometimes we would like less restrictions and more availability of foreign critters but look at the implications;We already have problems with things the gubberment allowed in...cane toads,foxes, Indian minors etc. Imagine if things like boa constrictors were to establish in the wild,what would that do to our natives ? They already have enough problems from developers , feral cats and dogs.

I think it’s great you have such tough laws that’s stops your native species being lost forever
We lucky in the U.K. that we can have pretty much what we want reptile wise , but our winters are too cold for anything to survive if let go in the wild, our native species all hibernate for the winter so there’s no way anything like boas and pythons could survive the winter here,we often see in locals papers that they have been found dumped in local
Beauty spots but that puts the spot
Light back onto responsible keepers who actually love to keep exotic pets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I certainly won't be around but with a changing climate it would be interesting to re visit places like Florida that have a problem with invasive reptiles in the future. Perish or flourish, the world is in for some interesting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back