Itsy Bitsy Spider...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggster

Reaction score
I did not expect my ceiling to be covered in baby huntsmans when I woke up this morning.
Don't have a huge problem with these guys, other than that there are literally hundred of them and that seems a bit much...
Oh well, most have seemed to disperse (luckily they are near several doors and windows), and right now I'm going through and picking up some stragglers. Got about a dozen in my 'caterpillar nursery' (basically just a tub with a flyscreen lid).
Tiny little buggers- and intriguing to say the least.
Will probably let these guys go when the weather settled down. Have dozens of adults in the house ever since the temps started to go up- so I think I'll keep these guys somewhere comfortable for a couple days. And on that note- what do they eat?
I know some people feed baby huntsmans pinhead crickets, but these guy are teeny tiny and pinheads seem wayyy to big.
I've got some new-hatched mealies somewhere, and hope they'll eat them.
Oh well!

And please guys, spiders may be a bit scary, but they are amazing creatures who keep all sorts of bugs out.
If you ever seen one, here are the steps to follow:
1. Don't panic
2. Leave him where he is. He's going to be eating up all sorts of mozzies, flies, roaches, ect...
3. Remember they are TERRIFIED of you because he's only a little thing
4. Give him a name. Except him as part of the family

Have a good day!

I don't mind spiders. I even let a few live in my home. But it's hard to resist the urge to catch them and feed them to my lizards.

Pinhead crickets are tiny and would be more than suitable for baby huntsmans.

Perhaps what you have aren't pinheads and are a little more advanced?

It's actually been a while since I last saw a pinhead... maybe I just think they're a lot bigger than they are.
Think I'll just let these little guys free- theyre giving the rest of the family the creeps!

my kitchen window has a few black house spiders and I am torn between keeping my house tidy and letting nature do it's thing,usually nature wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back