I've been a bad, bad girl...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, imagine what unmoderated sites would be like?

Im part of a WA reptile forum that isn't moderated. It works just fine as like in the real world people just sort out their differences. For the most part everyone just talks reptiles and get along just fine. I guess that's where most of the arguments and nastiness stem from on APS, non reptile related topics. :)

@ disintegratus, hmmm valid points. I do agree that the other two comments you added are indeed abhorrent (It's a nice word isn't it:))
We all do have our own opinions and as you said "they are right to us". But why post them on a forum where they can cause much grief to many people?
I can sit at home and mutter all I like about people believing in JC, as that's MY opinion, but would I go onto a thread and post something that is rude and call people names?
No of course not, it's about respecting others and their beliefs/opinions. (above statement is broad enough that I can mean either side, so no flaming on this, thanks)
We all sometimes say/do things we regret. In this case I believe GA has her own firm beliefs/opinions which is fine, but has not thought through her posts properly. Certainly have an opinion, but not at the expense of others. There is no need to hurt people by using words that are just plain derogatory.
At the end of the day it's about respect for your fellow human beings.
We all have opinions and each of us think we are right, even old "Ted Bundy" had the opinion he was right. But surely if the majority of the human race is against you, perhaps you need to reconsider your opinion....

Yes, Abhorrent is a fantastic word, but nowhere near as good as "defenestration". Now THAT is an awesome word:)

And why are you sitting at home muttering about people believing in John Coltrane? What did the man ever do to you??? You're a **** ******* **** **** ** ****** ******;) :p

I agree with you, and think respecting others beliefs/opinions is very important, but it can be very easy not to, especially because the other person is wrong.
I *may* have missed most of the parts of the thread where people were being called names, I woke up in the morning and it was gone:( I was a little upset, it was just getting interesting!

While I am a great believer in "harden the **** up and stop being so sensitive", I think it is important to word things appropriately. "believing that bears are made of cheese is ridiculous and silly" is much less inflammatory than "You're a stupid idiot because you think that bears are made of cheese", while still getting the same point across. However, I think due to the sensitive nature of the thread, people were bound to have their feelings hurt, because it is an issue that is very close to home for a significant number of people.

Lastly, Ted Bundy was right, wasn't he?
And most of the human race is evidently against my belief that we shouldn't be breeding because they keep doing it (PROLIFICALLY!), but that doesn't mean I'm going to change my mind, or that they're right!!:D

Disintegratus you are my new BFF:)
Love the word, it's going to be my word of the day.
Ted Bundy was of course correct.
As to breeding could not agree more strongly with you..... It's a shame that those that do - shouldn't, and those don't - should. Give us another 100yrs and we should be back to grunting, scratching ourselves in public and oh..........

Ive never had an infraction.

I think this was my first one...and they say you've gotta try everything at least once...lol....and if I have had one before, it was a longggg time ago

Welcome back Annie,
Everyone has an opinion on at least one thing others won't like (it'd be stupid to pretend otherwise), and unless you're forcing it down peoples throats and effecting others lives, who cares?
Everyone is a do-gooder these days when it's no help at all.

Hope you regain your health soon, sounds like a scary infection.

You're a lovely lady on the whole.

ROFLAO....I'ml a lovely lady...on the whole.... :lol: gee that sounds funny.....thank you.

Grannie, I am sorry to hear of your illness, and I hope you are getting well quickly.
Don't feel too bad, you're not the only one to receive an infraction, I believe they were being handed out like party favours after the thread in question;) So don't leave, it would certainly be less interesting around here without you!

Personally, I disagree wholeheartedly with your opinion on the subject, HOWEVER, that's just it, it's YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it, just as I am entitled to mine. The thread is over and done with now, so how about we leave it at that and no hard feelings?:)

I do hope you're feeling better, and to all the people who want Grannie gone because of her opinion on one subject, I say that the world would be boring if everyone agreed on everything.

So.... Welcome back Grannie!!

Damn it....disintegratus...if you really mean that, you've made me feel all sooky...thank you...and yes, let's put it behind us...xx

Last edited:
Yay!! This has been a productive thread... I've got a new BFF, made Grannie sooky, shared the joys of defenestration, and revealed to the world I'm an evil child-hating serial-killer sympathizer. APS rocks.:)

Grannie, I am sorry to hear of your illness, and I hope you are getting well quickly.
Don't feel too bad, you're not the only one to receive an infraction, I believe they were being handed out like party favours after the thread in question;) So don't leave, it would certainly be less interesting around here without you!

Personally, I disagree wholeheartedly with your opinion on the subject, HOWEVER, that's just it, it's YOUR opinion and you are entitled to it, just as I am entitled to mine. The thread is over and done with now, so how about we leave it at that and no hard feelings?:)

I do hope you're feeling better, and to all the people who want Grannie gone because of her opinion on one subject, I say that the world would be boring if everyone agreed on everything.

So.... Welcome back Grannie!!

Damn it....disintegratus...if you really mean that, you've made me feel all sooky...thank you...and yes, let's put it behind us...xx

Last edited:
Dont you just love it when someone who joined only a month ago and has made so few posts... feels so comfortable and confident they are so accepted here... that they can (try to) push around someone who has been here 5ish years and contributed 2000+ posts? It shows what a welcoming atmosphere there is here at APS (lucky for me.. hehehehe)
few)

Compared to your not even eight months.....I notice you have opinion on pretty much everything, wether it be correct or not.
Quantity does not equal quality;)

I have no personal problem with GA, but find her backwards in her opinions. She sent me a personal message about drug use because of my signature. My signature is very tongue in cheek and 99% of people realize this.

I did not comment in said thread, but did follow it. GA's comments are akin to saying "black people are 2nd class", and "women belong in the kitchen"!
Yes both comments above, which I find abhorrent were common place until people evolved. I believe GA is stuck in a time that was long left behind (thank goodness) and still has those blinkered views.
Age has nothing to do with it, rather a lack of understanding/acceptance of the evolving/changing human race.

Wearing a Teflon coat, so ready......[/QUOTE]

EXCUSE ME..... madam ... I have NEVER said black people are second class, nor have I ever said women belong in the kitchen....so don't suggest anything I say is akin to that......I was a working mother when my children were young and I had an aboriginal cousin.....so put that in your pipe and smoke it !!

To those of you who have welcomed me back....I must say I'm surprised, but thank you. I really don't know what this infraction means in practice...when I seem to be able to do the same things as before. As for my mysterious illness....never had it before, wouldn't even wish it on anyone here who hates me... :lol: so I can't be all bad now can I. Hubby is starting to feel unwell now, so I really hope he's not getting it too, he's much older than me and may not cope as well as I have and I certainly haven't coped very well. The 25 pills I have to take each day for ... IT ...don't stay down very long, so I don't know if it's working or not, just wish I didn't have to wait to see the doc till Tues. No doubt it will go in time.... So still don't know how often I'll be on here in the near future.

Believe it or not, in the years I've been coming here, this is the first time I can remember having been part of such a big stir......ahhh well, as you all say...time to move on. Cheers and good wishes to everyone....even those of you who don't like me.... it's only a computer page afterall.....

Last edited:
Tsk Tsk Grannie, smoking's bad for you, stop peer-pressuring people to smoke:p

As for the infraction, I think they're a bit like speeding fines. If you get one, you can keep driving, but eventually if you get enough, you won't be allowed anymore.

Compared to your not even eight months.....I notice you have opinion on pretty much everything, wether it be correct or not.
Quantity does not equal quality;)

I have no personal problem with GA, but find her backwards in her opinions. She sent me a personal message about drug use because of my signature. My signature is very tongue in cheek and 99% of people realize this.

I did not comment in said thread, but did follow it. GA's comments are akin to saying "black people are 2nd class", and "women belong in the kitchen"!
Yes both comments above, which I find abhorrent were common place until people evolved. I believe GA is stuck in a time that was long left behind (thank goodness) and still has those blinkered views.
Age has nothing to do with it, rather a lack of understanding/acceptance of the evolving/changing human race.

Wearing a Teflon coat, so ready......

EXCUSE ME..... madam ... I have NEVER said black people are second class, nor have I ever said women belong in the kitchen....so don't suggest anything I say is akin to that......I was a working mother when my children were young and I had an aboriginal cousin.....so put that in your pipe and smoke it !!

Umm I NEVER said you did, my opinion was that your comments were at the same level of the above comments. Very blinkered and old fashioned. I was using those as examples at how those comments were so very hurtful. Which is what you did with your comments, hence the word "akin", you may find the comments abhorrent (still loving the word) but that's how your comments appeared to others......
If my examples enrage, disgust, hurt, annoy or upset you, take it and times it by ten to get an idea on how you hurt so many on here.
Its one thing to have an opinion, but to be so blatantly intolerant of anyone unlike yourself is disgraceful from someone of your maturity.

Ps - "waves" hello to new BFF, shorting yr name to DG;)

Last edited:
Oh dear me.....if your feelings are so strong towards me...I'm surprised you're going to such long lengths to even type words to me...and sorry to disappoint you, but nothing you have said, upsets, enrages, disgusts, hurts or annoys me....and I'm sure you mean my new name of DG means...Dearest Grannie. :lol: How sweet of you to think of that. xxxxxx oooooo

Guys (or girls rather..) just chill. I reckon just drop it and walk away, the back and forth is going no where and achieving nothing. You have different views just leave it at that and move on and be happy ;D. *sings "Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends.."*

Oh dear me.....if your feelings are so strong towards me...I'm surprised you're going to such long lengths to even type words to me...and sorry to disappoint you, but nothing you have said, upsets, enrages, disgusts, hurts or annoys me....and I'm sure you mean my new name of DG means...Dearest Grannie. :lol: How sweet of you to think of that. xxxxxx oooooo

That ps bit was to disintegratus.

And wow, I had up until this point thought you were a nice person with perhaps old fashioned views.
This saddens me that there are people out there who if given the right tools, would act like the kkk.
I had thought some of the comments removed from both threads were uncalled for, but they are not.
I sincerely hope I never meet someone so close minded, and so uncaring to human feelings again.
Have lost so much faith in human beings:-( one thread I will not return too.

All I can say without being banned is wow and karma....

A very sad PR

Guys (or girls rather..) just chill. I reckon just drop it and walk away, the back and forth is going no where and achieving nothing. You have different views just leave it at that and move on and be happy ;D. *sings "Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends.."*

Speak for yourself!! Please note the below self-quotation:

Yay!! This has been a productive thread... I've got a new BFF, made Grannie sooky, shared the joys of defenestration, and revealed to the world I'm an evil child-hating serial-killer sympathizer. APS rocks.:)

:D :p

Hope you feel better soon grannieannie.

On the point of admins,i myself admin elsewhere related to gaming (i wont go into where how why) so i know that their job is hard and decisions need to be made. They have their job to do.

Also,its Monday,so my license and tax return better come today!!!

Oh ya back..... And I didn't know ya hate married gay people!

401631_424061217623337_205344452828349_1524930_1046303962_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back