I've been a bad, bad girl...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this, I don't even.
I really don't.

Welcome back Annie. I must say I'm glad you got an infraction it was well warranted but I'm glad you back, APS has been quite boring since you left :lol: Some quick advice, I think you should read posts quoting your own a little more carefully before jumping on your defense wagon jmo.

Get well soon...

It seems I've been a bad, bad girl...got an infraction and was offered the rules again that I had to read and agree to.....hope then I wasn't the only one to get the infraction for doing the same thing about the same subject.....I'm guessing some posters will be pleased I got the infraction, some aren't I know because I've had messages from others via email to say I'm missed...thank you to those who are still my friends. At the moment I'm extremely ill...have been for a week, seems I have a viral muscle infection and my arms get semi paralysed and my body very weak and I've been in bed for several days no able to do anything. So not sure if I will be coming back to APS anyway..... I accept the infraction, but I do not apologise to anyone for standing up for my beliefs...I should have done it before I did. People who had the opposite (and more popular) view to myself, said what they liked yet I was sanctioned for saying what I did....to me that is unfair...rules or no rules. If anyone wants to contact me, privately just ask Niall or Dean, they know me personally and will pass a message on.

Mods...will you allow this message to be posted....I wonder !!

Hi annie!! I missed you. Hope you get better quickly, and please stay on APS. whilst I dont agree with your views they are yours and i feel you are entitled to them.

Stay safe grannie.

Looks Like I missed a Thread..Sorry you are not well Grannyannie.:(.I think your Great!!! Hope you come back!!!;)

It's very common for those who espouse the "live & let live" philosphy to be selective about whose lives they interfere with. GA trawls this forum for reasons known to her alone, but it's pretty obvious that it's as much a "feel good" exercise for her. If we all espoused the sort of passivity she suggests, and didn't bother resisting the negative influences imposed by those with the energy to do so, we'd all be living in a dictatorship... simply because people are "entitled to their opinions," even bad people with bad opinions (except gays of course).

Under the cover of the "granny..." nickname (deliberately illusory in itself), she can create the gentle and cuddly image she wants to project before you even read what she has to say.

Frankly, I don't even know why I'm contributing to this thread because nothing she or her supporters have said are of any interest to me :)... except that I detect a degree of phoniness behind the facade!

Jamie

Ahhhh lovely people...thank you for the welcome and the good wishes for my health....but I'm not at all sure I'm actually.... BACK ...however, you never know when I'll pop in again, or for how long....or if ever again......

If as someone has said....life here without me would be boring....then you might just have to make your own fun without me....I really didn't expect such a noise over this simply because I happen to be in the minority on this subject on this forum. My views are not unique in the world by any means....Anyway, time to go and have blood tests....just to see if it's really .... blue :lol:. Cheers my dears.....never fear... grannie is here !!! :lol: if you're lucky !!

I've never had an infarction either. It sounds bloody awful though, look it up!

Also, I've so far avoided an infraction too. Still early days yet, I'll keep trying!;)

Hard to tell if you missed the the pun or got it :cry:

It's very common for those who espouse the "live & let live" philosphy to be selective about whose lives they interfere with. GA trawls this forum for reasons known to her alone, but it's pretty obvious that it's as much a "feel good" exercise for her. If we all espoused the sort of passivity she suggests, and didn't bother resisting the negative influences imposed by those with the energy to do so, we'd all be living in a dictatorship... simply because people are "entitled to their opinions," even bad people with bad opinions (except gays of course).

Under the cover of the "granny..." nickname (deliberately illusory in itself), she can create the gentle and cuddly image she wants to project before you even read what she has to say.

Frankly, I don't even know why I'm contributing to this thread because nothing she or her supporters have said are of any interest to me :)... except that I detect a degree of phoniness behind the facade!

Jamie
This seems a very cynical view, although I will confess wholeheartedly to "trawling" this forum as a "feel good" exercise...... Because this forum does make me feel good(most of the time)I will say in my defense I try very hard to give back as much "feel good" as I get. I personally dont think GA is a phony, just has a very antiquated opinion about a topic that many of her generation still share(albeit wrongly in others opinions) I am curious as to why you commented here also, if as you say it does not interest you?(no sarcasm meant at all, I am honestly curious) I really hope you are not as cynical in real life as you appeared in the a fore mentioned post, I am sad for you(truly, not fakely)

Please don't be sad for me CM, I've been around a long time and am definitely not a bitter old man. I do however, believe that a certain amount of cynicism is necessary for good mental health (luckily my wife is a psychologist :)), and I like to think that I can see self-righteousness for what it is. The cutsie grannie thing is just that - it preempts all assessments of what grannieannie says before you even read it.

I don't often stray into chitchat, but I have noticed some of the threads she has started here, and wondered what sort of person comes onto a reptile forum and starts threads about peoples' deeply personal opinions, first of all espousing her own. It's just my opinion, but if you do that, then get crapped on from a great height because a large number of people don't like what you've said, then you've got the reward you deserve for poking a stick into an ant nest. It's a bit like the Mormons coming to your front door on a Saturday morning - they're not friends, they're uninvited, and their message is of no interest to me... so I don't engage them in discussion of any sort.

GA is certainly entitiled to her opinion about anything, regardless of how out-of-date it may be, but do any of us really care what she thinks?

The illusion of "friendship" on the internet, with people whom you've never met, is just that. She can create whatever facade she likes here, for whatever reasons, but it's all a fabrication of imagination, just as your opinions of me may be...:)

Jamie

GA is certainly entitiled to her opinion about anything, regardless of how out-of-date it may be, but do any of us really care what she thinks?

Quite true. I hold no personal grudge against her even though imo her opinion is wrong, to me she is a personality on the Internet, a nobody on the other side of the country. I'm not saying that's what she is to people that actually know her though so please don't take that as a personal attack.

Also just because someone 'had an aboriginal cousin' doesn't make them automatically excempt from being racist... Smoke that! ;)

It seems I've been a bad, bad girl...got an infraction and was offered the rules again that I had to read and agree to.....hope then I wasn't the only one to get the infraction for doing the same thing about the same subject.....I'm guessing some posters will be pleased I got the infraction, some aren't I know because I've had messages from others via email to say I'm missed...thank you to those who are still my friends. At the moment I'm extremely ill...have been for a week, seems I have a viral muscle infection and my arms get semi paralysed and my body very weak and I've been in bed for several days no able to do anything. So not sure if I will be coming back to APS anyway..... I accept the infraction, but I do not apologise to anyone for standing up for my beliefs...I should have done it before I did. People who had the opposite (and more popular) view to myself, said what they liked yet I was sanctioned for saying what I did....to me that is unfair...rules or no rules. If anyone wants to contact me, privately just ask Niall or Dean, they know me personally and will pass a message on.

Mods...will you allow this message to be posted....I wonder !!

grannieannie your entitled to your beliefs and opinions but the language and terms used in the post I infracted you on was in my opinion obscene and disgraceful especially for a elderly christian woman to post on a reptile forum. Lets be absolutely clear on that point. It was clearly against the site rules and thats what you were infracted for, not for having an opinion so please understand this. Also which members were infracted or not infracted is not viewable to anyone other than mods and admin on this site so you dont even know who was infracted or warned or not.

I would appreciate from you and other members to keep controversial topics such as gay marriages, religion, politics etc off the forum please. Although we have chit chat open to other topics this is primarilly a Reptile Forum and topics such as the ones I just listed have always ended badly on here and always upset many people. We normaly nip these topics in the bud as soon as they start but recently have let some run to see the outcome.

As usual its all ended badly and while I respect the rights of members to have strong opinions on these subjects on both sides of the coin, I'm requesting in my capacity as a site moderator that these subjects (or similar) and opinions on these subjects please stay off the forum from now on. thank you

Please don't be sad for me CM, I've been around a long time and am definitely not a bitter old man. I do however, believe that a certain amount of cynicism is necessary for good mental health (luckily my wife is a psychologist :)), and I like to think that I can see self-righteousness for what it is. The cutsie grannie thing is just that - it preempts all assessments of what grannieannie says before you even read it.

I don't often stray into chitchat, but I have noticed some of the threads she has started here, and wondered what sort of person comes onto a reptile forum and starts threads about peoples' deeply personal opinions, first of all espousing her own. It's just my opinion, but if you do that, then get crapped on from a great height because a large number of people don't like what you've said, then you've got the reward you deserve for poking a stick into an ant nest. It's a bit like the Mormons coming to your front door on a Saturday morning - they're not friends, they're uninvited, and their message is of no interest to me... so I don't engage them in discussion of any sort.

The illusion of "friendship" on the internet, with people whom you've never met, is just that. She can create whatever facade she likes here, for whatever reasons, but it's all a fabrication of imagination, just as your opinions of me may be...:)

Jamie
I suppose I may be a tad naive and generally try to take people as I find them, on the net as well as real life. Stupid, perhaps...(hmmm well it was on those evil dating sites lol) I guess sometimes people go on different forums(eg reptile)and post threads about personal opinions on different issues because they may be genuinely interested in other people's views? I didnt really question that aspect of it at all because I figured thats why we have a chit chat section?(again no sarcasm here :) I rarely ever put on my sarcasm hat) I do agree with you about poking a stick in an ants nest lol(great metaphor) I do have a very overactive imagination lol and my imagination had you at your computer all hunched over and cross jabbing at the keys and being a "bah humbug" about a sweet little old GA lol :facepalm: I am an eternal optimist, and I believe strong friendships can be had over the internet I met my best friend 8 years ago over the internet and we have met up in person/holidayed frequently with each other. Heh heh heh now your going to have my imagination running rampant with all sort of scenarios of how you"might"be lol :p
Merle aka crystal

this thread has had its day.. and Im closing it.. please take note of what Ive asked above.. No more threads concerning religion, sexual orientation, politics and any related subjects or similar controversial topics. Im more than happy to infract people for even posting these sorts threads from this point onwards.

Im sick of the fighting and arguments this site seems to generate.. theres nothing wrong with politely expressing opinions on subjects (not the ones Ive asked to refrain from however) but the nasty coments and rudeness is unecessary and Im requesting this to stop now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back