Jacky Dragons, Who keeps them/Likes them?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danieloflat

Reaction score
I have a Jacky dragon and i love her, i'm currently looking for a male to breed. Who has or does keep these creatures? mine lives in a 1x3 foot enclosure with sand for substrate i mist her every day and is heated via heat lamp. I feed her cricks

Attachments

• DSCF1497.JPG
    DSCF1497.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCF1489.JPG
    DSCF1489.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCF1462.jpg
    DSCF1462.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 194
Im no help on the breeding/keeping front,
but they are by far my favourite dragon, so very cute!
and a beautiful one you've got there! goodluck finding her a lovely male :)

I have found them to change, rather hard untill they are mature. But this one looks similar to my red male who is sub-adult.

i had 2 jackys and they were awsum little things but sadly the male died :(
i want a 2nd one somewere along the line. my little girl is a hyperactive little girl and i hear her all night. she is in a aqua 300 semi circle tank that has mesh on the back were some glass used to be before it broke.

i was sad when my male died and i am not 100% sure what killed him but i was told that it was probly just stress on the move to its new home......i think it was a dodgy seller hay james :p....nah it was stress

Last edited:
i keep and breed jackies. have done so for a few years now. from those photos i cant tell what sex yours is. i wouldnt mist them every day, as they are not tropical dragons. once a week in hotter months once every few weeks/month in colder times. and always have a shallow dish of water available

on another note jackies are the only dragon species i keep that not only tolerate a tankmate but can live in colonies. i used to keep alot more but at the moment maintain 2 males with 4 females in a 4ft tank. they do well with plenty of branches.

I reckon Jackie's are pretty cool.
They have a personality of their own.
Unfortunatly, our Jackies where eatn by the bl@$dy chooks when the outside cage got knocked over.
Hunter (1).jpg

Hunter (42).jpg

So now we are in poccesion of a young healthy EWD.
Not as curious as a Jackie.
Love the Jackies
Cheers
Brad

The above dragons are nobbie dragons not jacky dragons.

ok, got any pictures? I am thinking of breeding them but I need a male first thats if it is a female. is it easy to tell the gender?

??

Same as you do bearded dragons. Lift up tail. Two bulges either side is male, One in center is female.

Thanks for correcting me.
We purchased them as Jackies and I am only new to this hobbie.
Thanks
Brad...

A couple of pics
Jacky1.jpg

Jacky2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back