Jags

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mace699

Reaction score
Hey guys,

just something i have noticed lately, is that Jags prices are dropping by the day at what point do you think their value will stabilize? i know quality specimens still attract high prices but considering how quickly they came into the market i have seen some recently sell for $500.

Now there breeding the problems out of them I would assume the price will start to rise again. price is based on demand

Now there breeding the problems out of them I would assume the price will start to rise again. price is based on demand

Holy-Facepalm.jpg

There will always be cheap ones, and their quality is usually a reflection of the price. You pay for what you get, cheap ones generally look well... Cheap.

I was told the other day from a herper friend that i was a stirrer on this forum, I did not think so, i just want to tell the truth & if people can't handle that then that is not my problem. I was not going to say this stuff but here goes.

I had a JAG today that twisted & turned until his skin came off, it is called a shed.

If you don't have the knowledge or experience then maybe you should not say some of the things you all say.

Cheers
Ian

I also have a jag that doesn't show signs of neuro problems and it's parents also showed no signs and also the grandparents showed no signs so as stated responsible breeders are breeding that trait out of them while still getting fantastic color morphs so the price should stabilize or go up again all of which means nothing to me as I don't sell anyway

I was told the other day from a herper friend that i was a stirrer on this forum, I did not think so, i just want to tell the truth & if people can't handle that then that is not my problem. I was not going to say this stuff but here goes.

I had a JAG today that twisted & turned until his skin came off, it is called a shed.

If you don't have the knowledge or experience then maybe you should not say some of the things you all say.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

LOL I watched my big fella do the same thing today don't they look good in their new skin.

Hi folks Jag prices like all other high end morphs will have they're price set by the market, Jag prices may drop faster to begin with but they wll settle because any given clutch will only be 50% jag and there are no hets. We can get full clutchs of albinos and other recessive morphs we will only ever get 1/2 a clutch of jags.

cheers
Scott

Post #44 from the Python Collection thread by WrightPython.

"Why would you breed the jag line with all it's troubles if they are so similar to jungles"

Double face palm

Attachments

• doublefacepalm1.jpg
    doublefacepalm1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 95
cos no one has any money and people want to get rid of the snakes. AND half the 'jags' out there don't even look that nice, some look like glorified coastal.

the price of jags will always be influenced by the neuro, which despite many people saying it can be bred out, I have always seen as soon as any jag is put under sufficient stress

the other major influence in Aus will be the quality of other jag free morphs that are slowly but surely getting proven to be hereditary and will hit the general market within about 3 years I think

when they do so they will become the future of designer morelia in Aus and everywhere else fairly quickly

the biggest problem facing those morphs is keeping the jag out of those lines

There is no degree of face palming that could justify some of the responses on this thread.

I love the comment about selective breeding neuro problems,

The one about only ever getting 50/50 was great as well.

It is a lot easier to get heaps of jags compared to albinos.

You only need one male jag and can put it over almost all types of carpets and approx half will be jag,

How is that harder then getting an albino line started.

I breed both Ben 2 albinos together beed 100% albinos, 2 jags together breed 50% jags, you should figure out who you are making fun of mate before you run your keyboard mate otherwise you make yourself appear stupid. ;)

cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back