Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TNWJackson

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've posted these pics on another forum that I know some APS members frequent and moloch's awesome sequences above almost make me too embarassed to post them here too but what the hell, I thought I would anyway!

The pictures are in roughly chronological order, as we moved North through NSW (inland, but not further West than Coonamble, which was flooded at the time) and up into South Central Queensland. We got as far North as Carnarvon Gorge where we stayed very briefly and saw one stone gecko (woohoo!) before heading South again via the coastal route.....we saw nothing at all worth mentioning on the way home :(. The post is rather light on text but I'm more than happy to discuss any specific animals or locations if asked. Anyway....enjoy!

Pogona barbata

barbata1edit.jpg

Hypsilurus spinipes

spinipesedit1.jpg

Varanus varius

variusedit1.jpg

Furina diadema

diademaedit1.jpg

Lialis burtonis

burtonisedit1.jpg

Underwoodisaurus milii

miliiedit1.jpg

Anomalopus leuckartii

Anomalopusedit1.jpg

Oedura robusta

robustaedit1.jpg

Underwoodisaurs milii

miliiedit3.jpg

same lizard

miliiedit2.jpg

Pogona barbata

barbataedit2.jpg

Oedura monilis

monilisedit1.jpg

Strophurus williamsi

williamsiedit1.jpg

Diplodactylus vittatus

vittatusedit1.jpg

Denisonia devisi

devisiedit1.jpg

Strophurus taenicauda

taenicaudaedit1.jpg

Pygopus shraderi

shraderiedit1.jpg

Lerista emmotti

emmottiedit1.jpg

Strophurus williamsi (gravid)

williamsiedit2.jpg

Brachyurophis australis

australisedit1.jpg

Denisonia devisi - road accident or caudal luring accident?

devisiedit3.jpg

same snake

devisiedit2.jpg

Pseudechis australis

Paustralisedit2.jpg

same snake

Paustralisedit1.jpg

Lialis burtonis

burtonis2.jpg

same lizard

burtonis3.jpg

Lucasium steindachneri

steindachneri1.jpg

Aspidites melanocephalus - this guy was really impressive, the biggest wild BHP I've seen at well over two metres long (I'd say around 8ft). He was much more impressive than my photos of him at any rate, I couldn't get him to sit still and the jet black of the head makes these guys hard to photograph in my opinion.

melanocephalus2.jpg

same snake

melanocephalus1.jpg

Paradelma orientalis

orientalis1.jpg

Brachyurophis australis

australis2.jpg

Diplodactylus vittatus

vittatus2.jpg

Underwoodisaurus milii

milii4.jpg

Suta suta

suta1.jpg

Strophurus taenicauda

taenicauda3.jpg

Great pics, love the spiny tail & golden tail geckos. The australis is fantastic!

Thanks guys.

Hi Sandee, it has been a long time indeed! Hope you're keeping well.

Great trip from the looks of it! Thanks for making us all jealous.... lol.

sounds like a fun trip buddy,

love that area of qld (carnarvon etc)

Lerista emmotti? How far out did you go? Are you sure it's not Lerista punctatovittata? I'm pretty sure emmotti has front legs as well (although it's not immediately obvious from your pics).

Otherwise great pics. Looks like it was a very successful trip. There's a few species there that I haven't got around to finding yet!

-H

Great pics, I would hazzard to guess the missing tail on the DeVis was an accident, car or predator... I don't believe they "lure" as such.
Barbata pics are fantastic.

that must have been one fantastic trip , awesome pics too.

Awesome photos, i havnt got a clue what half of them are because im a dumbass and use common names!!!

I looked back again at these ... such nice shots. I really like the lighting on the the head of the Lace Monitor. Great photo!

Regards,
David

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. I need to get a new flash gun (mine died on me some years ago), and then I'll be in business!

Hi Nephrurus,

You may be right about it being L. punctatovittata. Both species have front legs and so did this guy (and another I found), but emmotti has two toes on the forelimb and punctatovittata has only one. I foolishly didn't actually count toes but in other photos I have it looks as though the animals may have only had one toe on the forelimbs. The photos aren't conclusive but it looks as though you may have made a very good call! Next time I'll have to be more careful in my toe-counting!

cheers mate,

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back