John Cann at AHS meeting Wednesday

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spongebob

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I've just got the buzz that reknown herpetologist John Cann will be talking at this Wednesdays AHS meeting. Apparently he is talking on a 'mixed bag' of topics, ranging from the snakemen of old, to depletion of fresh water turtles in Australia, to herps seen on a visit to Papua, .....

John is one of the most knowledgeable herpers about so this meeting promises to be excellent

Also the AHS website is about to be revamped, but here's the link to the site which gives details of location etc

Australian Herpetological Society - Home

You blaggards, know any excuses that could get me out of my daughters birthday?

Take her to the Museum for her birthday, she will love it!! It's not your fault it happened to be closed :lol: I would of done anything for my parents to take me to a herp meeting for my 8th birthday..kids these days..... ;)

Tell her it's a new movie release "Night at the Museum 3"

I told her John was doing a talk and she actually thought about it for a few seconds. I am afraid she is a frequent visitor to the Museum. Been there at night for the torchlight tours and functions in the skeleton gallery so nothing special there anymore.
I guess I will have to fake going to hospital, the ambulance at 7.30 in Williams St will be me.

Hey bearded lady, come and introduce yourself to us. I'll be with the young and good looking crowd, not these old fogies Pfft!

I'll be the little geek girl with the backpack wandering aimlessly. I'm heading there straight from uni so ill be lugging around all my uni gear ugh lol. I'll remember to look for the cool kids.

Well what a good night, and it was pleasing to see a good turn out of herpers eager to hear a great talk from a living legend of the hobby....

Agreed, some of those pics from overseas were fascinating. Informative and fun.

loved it

I was hooked, John's intensely down to earth for the king of turtles :D he takes some interesting pics too, that poor pig-nose turtle nest!

look forward to John's next talk, if anyone has Cann's email would be good to find out, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back