• Check out the new Feedback and suggestions forum. This adds the ability to add ideas for the site and upvote/downvote them. It would be great to hear from you all in how we can boost site activity and who would like to assist with some exciting ideas from Rob and I.

Julatten python

nathan ball

Hello.
Ive bought 2 julatten pythons,male female.
I have been looking at my books and internet for breed specific info on them.
From what i know they are a sub species from a jungle python.
My question is are they the same as jungles (eg)summer winter temps.
breeding conditions.

Thankyou for reading.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
APS Veteran
Trusted Seller
They're Jungles.

Incidentally, there has never been a snake breed in any species.

Jungle Carpets are themselves a subspecies, so it is impossible to have a subspecies of them (you can't have a subspecies of a subspecies, this is a non sequitur).

Julatten is just the name of a town. A Julatten Jungle is just a Jungle which is produced from animals originally caught from around Julatten, just like a Palmerston Jungle comes from Palmerston or an Atherton Jungle comes from Atherton, etc.

nick_75

Donator
Donator
Another example of the misunderstanding of the difference between scientific classification and geographic description of a specimen.

There is a Recommended Reading thread here a while ago. Maybe literature of a scientific nature could be added to that list? It may be ignored by most, but I'm sure that a part of the population on this forum would find the subject matter interesting or of benefit. https://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/threads/recommended-reading.212528/

Stuart/Rob, could we give this thread a more prominent location?

nathan ball

Hello all.

I have got a pair of julatten pythons.
I tried to fill out my record book but cant find the species code for them.
Is it classed as a jungle or jungle/top end python.