Jungle and bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jungle_smith

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was at the zoo today and noticed they had multiple snake species kept in the same enclosure.

Would it be possible to keep a female 2 or so year old jungle and 4.5 year old bredli in the same enclosure?

Adam

Short answer no.
Theres a few reasons. The obvious size difference. The difference in cage requirements. The difference in general care.
The fact that every day you risk coming home to one or 2 dead/injured snakes.

Surely they don't have separate species with different requirements in the same enclosures?

Another thing zoos wont advertise is how many reptiles they loose to there enclosure inhabitants eating each other.

Nothing valuable

Black lipped cobra was on its own as was a green tree boa.

They were more natives.

By p's on their own

^^^?

What species were kept together?

Some snakes can coexist with other animals if you have the right setup. I have seen Water Pythons kept very successfully with Green Tree Frogs in a large vivarium.

Nothing valuable

Black lipped cobra was on its own as was a green tree boa.

They were more natives.

By p's on their own

every life form is "valuable". losing a species as simple as a honey bee would cause widespread havoc on the environment.

can you recall what natives where housed together?

every life form is "valuable". losing a species as simple as a honey bee would cause widespread havoc on the environment.

Man...... if we suddenly lost bees..

I shudder at the trickle down affects of that. :s

There wouldn't be a trickle down effect, it'd come marvelously crashing down in less than 12 months. Life on earth over not long after that.

Hi

Valuable may not have been the right word. Maybe exotic/rare.

The black lipped cobra is 35 years old I read last night.

Can't remember exactly which natives were kept together looking to see if I can find a pic.

i and plenty Carpet keepers i know keep,same sized females and same sized pairs without issues mate

always seperate at feeding time

is your Bredl female ?

if not you cannot house them together during breeding season,as your Jungle's too young to breed

cheers shaun

Last edited:
No, they have completely different requirements and therefore you shouldn't house them together. Zoos go around tooting their own horns and bragging about how much they're helping animals, but truthfully they harm more animals than they 'help'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back