Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matty-jungle

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i have owned a jungle carpet python for a little over a year now, she is just about fully grown i have not been bitten by her yet. she hasn't even looked like biting me which is awesome i guess. But i am very curious though to know if a bite from a jungle carpet hurts or not. please share your feelings about a bite from one if you have been bitten before, i am just curious.

thanks

ever had 100 pins go into your body with force, then a twist or 2? yes they can hurt and do quite some damage!

I reckon it really depends if it is a bite that latches on or just a defensive "tag". I have been tagged by my bredli and while it drew blood it didnt really hurt. I would imagine that a full "sink the teeth in and constrict" (trying to swallow you) would hurt quite a bit.

What would hurt more 4 hours of doing a tat or a bite ? From a elder snake ? I have not been bitten by a bigger snake but have got 5 hours done in a sitting :D lol what's worse ?

id rather a tattoo for 5 hrs then a adult python bite for 5hrs lol trust me i have experience with both bring on the tattoos lol

Even big coastals dont hurt just bleed alot get hit by a scruby then you know what pain is

Lol nah I'm not saying have a python bite u for 5 hours lol just a python bite you in general :D

haha thanks for the input guys im sure it wouldnt be the worst pain i could think of lol. and yeah ive done over 30 hours of tattoos, which wasnt all that bad. i guess its just how you can handle pain.

I had my first snake bite happen tonight. My new roughy hatchy bit me. He's so tiny so I didn't expect him to draw blood but he did! My partners jungle is a bitey little demon child but hasn't drawn blood. Maybe it's because roughies teeth are longer. It stung for a second but I didn't flinch. I'm guessing the bigger they get the more it hurts though.
3aa3afae-8ad1-2000.jpg

What would hurt more 4 hours of doing a tat or a bite ? From a elder snake ? I have not been bitten by a bigger snake but have got 5 hours done in a sitting :D lol what's worse ?
I haven't had a tattoo ( I'm far too pretty for a tattoo ) but an aborted feeding bite from a two meter coastal hurt less than I thought it would.

my tattoo hardly hurt at all. but i cant compare it to a snake bit cuz i havent been bitten..and my snake is 3 months old so i doubt it hurts any way haha

Like damo said, if it just tags you not too bad.... but a real bite and wrap dont tickle :oops:
I have found if they latch on, tickle thier tail, they dont like thier tail being touched (the last few cm of the tail) other than that, blow air on thier face (but be careful not to get your face too close or you might end up with it latched onto your nose instead :shock:) or run some cold water on the head/bite area

If you get even just a tag, rub on some repti-hand or some other reptile anti bacterial gel, or F10 disinfectant, especially if it draws blood, just to be on the safe side

I got tagged by my adult jungle girl two nights ago. The initial bite didn't hurt for about 15 minutes, just bled lots and automatically made my hand shake. It started to bruise straight away and that's all that really hurts, is the bruising. Still have a perfect oval of toothmarks on my hand though :)

So all in all, it's not as bad as you think. I think getting bit by baby spotteds is worse cos they're crazy!

^ yeah, ur go to kentucky fried and hog out on chicken, then dont wash your hands and open the enclosure.... you will prolly see your snake fly (at you) and your question will be answered first hand :lol:

Like damo said, if it just tags you not too bad.... but a real bite and wrap dont tickle :oops:
I have found if they latch on, tickle thier tail, they dont like thier tail being touched (the last few cm of the tail) other than that, blow air on thier face (but be careful not to get your face too close or you might end up with it latched onto your nose instead :shock:) or run some cold water on the head/bite area

If you get even just a tag, rub on some repti-hand or some other reptile anti bacterial gel, or F10 disinfectant, especially if it draws blood, just to be on the safe side

I have been told by a few people you put warm water not hot and lukewarm just a bit warmer ?

I had an attack the other day, I have a nearly 7ft Black Headed Python, placid as anyhting lol (Currently) but i got a vicious attack from a 40cm monster stimmie, it was horrific, came out of nowhere, massive head lunged at me, i was in a state of shock and couldnt move once i saw the 40cm bite mark on ma hand, i thought it was actually severed, rushed to the hospital got it reattached and luckily lived to tell the tale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats my story anyways

Adult python biting you to tell you to piss off cause it's had enough of you... bleeds don't really hurt

Adult python biting you cause it think's your a rat.... yeah that'll leave a mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back