jungle hatchy handling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domandmarty

Reaction score
i have a three week jungle hatchy he is a lovely little python who is very calm to handle but have been told not to hold them often at this age is that correct

I would assume it is because they are such fragile little animals at that stage. You're best off waiting until they are more established.

i have a three week jungle hatchy he is a lovely little python who is very calm to handle but have been told not to hold them often at this age is that correct

3 weeks old? Who would sell a snake that would only have had one/two feeds max

yay little man loves his food just went 2 pinkies what a good little feeder

I think you need to post a picture of the little sweetheart :)

At that age you can feed every 3 days and only handle it 4 days after a feed.

View attachment 278037

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: he is a really unusual pattern and he rocks my world

- - - Updated -

- - - Updated - - -

haha very funny lmfao

Last edited:
I would not handle. Not only because such young snakes are physically fragile, but even more importantly you can very easily stress them out and such a little snake can not take much. It could easily stop eating and they need all the nutrients they can get at that age, or the snake could die (or just not thrive) from pure stress alone and it's hard to indicate stress in such a small animal.

I had a few GTP hatchies I had to force feed. That was the scariest thing ever with their tiny spines!

Oh and yes the attachment is not working. It seems like every attachment I click on here doesn't work try posting the actual photo with the "insert image" option above where you can edit yours fonts and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back