Jungle jag

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antsnest

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys was just wondering if someone could explain what the jag morph is In carpets. Best description for it I could find was reduced pattern? Like what's the difference between a normal and a jag? Apparently I have an albino jag but it looks the same to me as an albino

Jaguar is a reduced pattern morph that supposedly came from coastals,
Pairing a jaguar to a normal carpet will result in 50% of the clutch being jaguars and 50% being normals that are known as 'jaguar sibs' these do not carry the gene at all and cannot reproduce it.
Pairing a jaguar to another jaguar will give you 25% sibs, 50% jaguars and 25% will be super jaguars, being an all white snake with black eyes (a leucistic) at this current time no leucistic has survived therefore making it a lethal gene.

Adult jaguars usually are high yellow, depending on the mix of subspecies that goes into the pairing

76146ec98a34ebc94f4c3ea7b6056e77.jpg

Jaguar and an adult cape York

51a6a149de5695fd63d37e8fc2fd4951.jpg

Murray darling with a 75% Murray Darling Jaguar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just to be nit-picky Kittycat, that first picture looks like a Caramel Jag so it's not exactly representative of the morph

Just to be nit-picky Kittycat, that first picture looks like a Caramel Jag so it's not exactly representative of the morph

Probably is, just grabbed a random photo I had saved over the years :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone got a picture difference from a wild type to a jag?

hey guys was just wondering if someone could explain what the jag morph is In carpets. Best description for it I could find was reduced pattern? Like what's the difference between a normal and a jag? Apparently I have an albino jag but it looks the same to me as an albino
pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back