Jungle or ackie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benito22

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting either a black and yellow jungle (would be my first snake) or a ackie(woud be my first monitor).
i have a glass tank with the height being 2 foot width 1 ft and length 3 ft , just wondering what you would recomend
thanks

get an ackie. you will never get bored with them. when they are up they will non top moving! also they have som gorgeous patterns here is the pattern that is on mine (this is the sandfire form if you want to know) IMG_2784.jpg

Are you ready for the jump from lizards to snakes? And what sort of enclosure do you have for your next animal? Maybe that can decide for you...
Nic

Ackie x 1000, you'll never regret it. When buying a snake all you get is a colourful hose, and we love them for it, but nothing compares to having a tank with ackies in it! They're so active and move around their enclosures sniffing out food, definitely go for them!

EDIT: enclosure too small actually, I agree. Get something else.

I would recommend that you do as much research as you can and think about which species you think you enjoy keeping the most. There are huge differences in the setup, feeding etc for snakes and lizards and while they both have their charms they are very different animals. Only you can make the choice between them.

hey thanks for the replies, i have another tank already setup for my water dragons its 4ft long 1.5 ft wide and 2 ft high, if i got an ackie it would eventually moove into there, but if i got a jungle i would get an enclosure built later in the year, iv ebeen researching both of the animals, im just not sure what to get

myself having always been a snake and monitor man find this hard to answer but since i have owned ackies and i currently own a fair few jungles id say what would you want out of it

do you want a display? how much upkeep do you want to throw into it?

pretty much the ackies are very active and look great but will suck alot more power then pythons they will also need to be fed alot more and provided with calcium and vitimin suppliments also its a good idea to provide them with a high mercury vapour bulb

jungles on the other hand arent as active dont need to be fed as much are cheaper to heat and if you get a young one they can be kept in a tub for 12 months

all personal preference id say get both :D

aha thanks for that:)
eventually ill probably get both i just dunno what to get firssttt
its a big decision

I loove my jungle. I have perservered with handling her every day for three months since I have had her and she is now such a sook !!!!!! Ithink I am about to get my seond one so it will be interesting to see if I can settle him as well.

Elizabeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back