Jungle python being aggressive?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyyy

Reaction score
(I just joined so apologies if this is the wrong forum, just tell me and I'll repost it somewhere else!)

My 2-year-old jungle python who I've had since he was a baby is being aggressive for the first time.

Well, possibly aggressive?

Whenever I go near his tank he'll move from where ever he is so he can stare at me and flick his tongue out. But his pupils don't dilate, he doesn't strike and he doesn't do this to anyone else. If I move away he'll go back to his previous position. I had a friend take him out of his tank last night and he didn't move from his spot and was fine with being handled. I just walked in front of his tank and he perked up and moved around to look at me.

Does he associate me with food? Does he hate me? Is he just curious about the people passing by and this is just a very consistent coincidence? I'm probably being ridiculous but any advice is appreciated!

If he was being aggressive/defensive he would go into a hard S shape and strike any time you go near him

He could be hungry

Seems like he is in food mode and he has likely become accustomed to you bringing him food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back