Jus Wondering About Misting Set-up...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher69

Reaction score
If I install a misting set-up in a viv for GTFs, would I still necessarily need a body of water in the enclosure?

If I install a misting set-up in a viv for GTFs, would I still necessarily need a body of water in the enclosure?

Most overseas keepers of GTF's only use small water bowls for them so i dont see why we couldnt. I probably wouldnt be misting too often as GTF's dont mind the dry.

What misting system are you going with?

Rick

Hey Rick, yeah I'm still in 2 minds regarding the misting system.
The only 2 models I've seen (on the net) is the Exxo Terra & a cheaper version that has like a plastic soft drink bottle for the water reserve.

My frogs seem to enjoy sitting in a body of water, probably because it's heated...but the downside being is the amount of evaporation & constantly having to top up the water.
I do realise I'm giving them a constant source of fresh water by topping it up...it's just I'm constantly coming home to the sound of 2 powerhead filters "running on dry" once the water level becomes too shallow....thus I was thinking of the misting set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back