Just A Few Pics Of Some Reptiles I Find In My Back Yard Here In Mt Isa

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IsaHerpLvrs

Not so new Member
Reaction score
These are Animals i see in my yard on a daily basis,i always love watching the Gilberts Dragons there very comical to watch,Unsure wat species 3,4,5,6 and 8 are if anyone could help it would be much apreciated

Attachments

• DSCN0073.jpg
    DSCN0073.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCN0069.jpg
    DSCN0069.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN0075.jpg
    DSCN0075.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN0076.jpg
    DSCN0076.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN0078.jpg
    DSCN0078.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN0087.jpg
    DSCN0087.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN0097.jpg
    DSCN0097.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN0107.jpg
    DSCN0107.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN0122.jpg
    DSCN0122.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN0143.jpg
    DSCN0143.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN0144.jpg
    DSCN0144.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN0146 (2).jpg
    DSCN0146 (2).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 108
  • IMGP2191.jpg
    IMGP2191.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Hi nice sharing. The green frogs are all Green Tree Frogs (Litoria caerulea), the brown round one in your hand is, Ornate Burrowing Frog Platyplectrum ornatus. The skink is a species of Ctenotus but without better pictures I cannot ID it. The Gecko on the white backround is an Asian House Gecko, Hemidactylus frenatus and I think the other is too but am not sure. Love the Gilbert's Dragons.

Thanx

Yeah i knew wat the gekoes and green frogs were just wasnt sure about the brown frog wich u have just informed me of as for the Ctenotus i was pretty sure it was one of them just wasnt sure of the exact species but i will try and get some better pics on a day when its not so overcast,thanx again for ur help :)

No problems. Sorry about not reading the numbers but the picture order changes each time I load the thread so I ID'd the ones you hadn't named.
Btw that brown frog can be extremely variable ranging from whitish to yellow/gold and with numerous varieties of patterns, they are likely one of the most common frogs in semi-arid Qld.

Haha thats all good mate,Oh thats intresting to know about the brown frog.......i do try and get out herping around here as much as i can but with no car of my own makes it quite difficult,but the times i have been out ive seen some beautiful species most of wich i had only ever seen in books over the years,so im really loving living here in Mt Isa compared to the big City of Sydney wich i moved from

Hey Sarah,i see them every single night here in my backyard,some of wich will eat moths from my hand,(before anyone blasts me about that i have only done it a couple of times because i dont want them being reliant on humans for food) lol

looks like Ctenotus lateralis

wow awesome finds !!!
do you find scorpions or centipedes in your yard?

will eat moths from my hand,(before anyone blasts me about that i have only done it a couple of times because i dont want them being reliant on humans for food)
I'm not sure w/c moths exactly count as human food. I say go for it if you're feeding them wild food from the same place they are found it's just a bit of fun and the chance of them becoming dependent is minimal.

I'm not sure w/c moths exactly count as human food. I say go for it if you're feeding them wild food from the same place they are found it's just a bit of fun and the chance of them becoming dependent is minimal.
haha Well this is true!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back