Just Discovered A Bad Side To The Hobby . . .

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they do get shedding issues. I bath mine every night and use HerpaShed regularly. As I've said above, I don't advocate production of silkbacks but want to give those that have already been created good homes until they stop being produced. Sort of like a silkback sanctuary rather than just euthanising them.
Here's a pic of mine. The second one is him with Bumpy the Bluetongue.
knobby-blue-tongue1.jpg
knobby-leaf.jpg
knobby-blue-tongue-2_orig.jpg

Without linking a bunch of forums that may go against our own forum rules just google "should silkback Bearded Dragons be bred". It's there for all to see.

Mmmmm. Not much one can say really. I was often told if you have nothing positive to say then say nothing. Well I guess this is one of those moments.

Skinks are awesome. While I don't know if I can pick a favourite group of lizard, I know that some of my favourite lizards are definitely skinks!

While in Western Australia we can't keep large species Bearded Dragons I've always admired their beautiful, prehistoric spiny appearance. Their beard displays are amazing. To think that people prefer them with no beards or spines is bewildering. What health problems do silkbacks normally experience?
They can have horrible Shedding issues.
There tolerance to uv is alot less however they still require uv as the rest of the dragon hasn't evolved to suit its deformity. There skin is so much thinner and the females can be torn open during breeding. There original cost early on was ludicrous upwards of $3000. I've seen them advertised recently for 50 to $100 and still not sold. So i believe people are seing them for what they are.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

But I just hope you guys understand my situation.
Totally understand what your saying I'm similar. One of my eclectus parrots was born with severe rickets and has a bent spine, which is usually due to lack of calcium in the hen because she's been over bred. I took the bird $900. And reported the breeder. He's my favorite animal [emoji4] he's a highly intelligent little smart ars# that i wouldn't give up for quids.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back