Just pics of some of my tarantulas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrax1207

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just thought I'd post pic or two of some of my 65 tarantulas that I own. :)

Brachypelma auratum
s5001492.jpg

Brachypelma albopilosum
s5001487.jpg

Brachypelma albiceps spiderling
s5001479.jpg

Eupalaestrus campestratus
sam3529.jpg

s5000173.jpg

Brachypelma boehmei
s5000609.jpg

Acanthoscurria brocklehursti
s5000641.jpg

Pterinochilus murinus RCF
s5000079.jpg

That will be it for now. ;)
Your comments are appreciated!

that is so cool!! i love tarantulas =] i only have a bird eating spider...

how do you hold them without getting bit? we cant take mine out =/

that is so cool!! i love tarantulas =] i only have a bird eating spider...

how do you hold them without getting bit? we cant take mine out =/

You just have to pick the right time, pay attention the their body language, and always test your tarantula's temperament with a soft paint brush (gently stroke her hind leg) and if T' turns around and attacks your brush, leave her alone and pick another day for handling.
One good advice is also not to breath directly on them, they are very sensitive to vibrations and change in pressure (I have a great video that I took with my microscope, I'll post it here so you can check it out if you want), also be gentle and slow moving. Hope this helps a bit.
Do not "over handle" your T', she will not appreciate it if you do. ;)

Here is the vid of tarantula's sensitivity 60x magnification of Pterinochilus murinus tarsus (read the video description on YouTube for explanation)
[video=youtube;pYyTYj9PqUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYyTYj9PqUY[/video]

Few more pics:

Adult female Holothele incei (dwarf tarantula)
s5003945.jpg

s5003816.jpg

Poecilotheria formosa juvenile female
s5003882.jpg

Handling of this species is not advisable!

Heteroscodra maculata
dsc01907.jpg

Pterinochilus murinus aka. OBT - freshly molted juvenile female
s5003756.jpg

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens aka. GBB
s5003678.jpg

C. cyaneopubescens spiderling
dsc01299.jpg

Eupalaestrus campestratus juvenile female (the best beginner T' IMHO)
dsc01968.jpg

Pterinochilus murinus
dsc01657.jpg

dsc0156p.jpg

dsc01562.jpg

dsc01567.jpg

Poecilotheria fasciata male
dsc01572.jpg

Brachypelma albopilosum
dsc01508.jpg

I think this will be enough for now! =D

P.S.: I just fed my Ball Python for the second time since I got him, and he ate a fuzzy, YAY! :D :D I'm so happy that he's eating for me, such a great feeling! :)

Last edited:
wow that is so amazing! not sure if id trust myself reading the body language of mine =S she can just be a look dont touch pet =]

thats awesome for your ball python as well! i love watching mine feed =]

Thanks jazzv! What kind of bird eater do you have?
Some tarantulas have the kind of personality that you won't be able to handle them ever. I have one or two that fall into that group. :)
Yes, I'm so excited that Kundalini (my BP) ate for me, fuzzy was gone in mere minutes! :O =) So cool!

im not quite sure actually... she was just sold to us as a bird eating spider =/ i may have to research this.

yeah she got mites from some contaminated soil we bought and treating her wasnt pleasant so i dont think she'd be a good handler...

haha yeah its amazing how fast they can eat! my mum accidentally gave my hatchie a hopper mouse while i was away and she smashed it! the mouse was practically as big as her!

Jazzv, its best not to hold australian tarantulas. They are much more aggressive than the exotic ones.
The tarantula wouldnt have been a true bird eating spider, they are from overseas. It is most likely it was a Phlogius sp.

absolutely stunning !!
im VERY jealous!
do you have any other inverts?

absolutely stunning !!
im VERY jealous!
do you have any other inverts?

Thanks, tarantulas are my only inverts. :)

Yeah your lucky to be overseas. Do you have any exotic mantids, they're AWESOME!

I always forget that you're not allowed any exotic animals in Australia. :(
No, unfortunately I don't own any mantids. :)

Jazzv, its best not to hold australian tarantulas. They are much more aggressive than the exotic ones.
The tarantula wouldnt have been a true bird eating spider, they are from overseas. It is most likely it was a Phlogius sp.

Yes, Aussie tarantulas are not amongst the most friendly ones, Phlogius sp. is quite common down there I've heard.

Last edited:
Yeah they're the most common in the hobby.

Do you have a Goliath Bird Eater? They're sooooo cool.

Yeah they're the most common in the hobby.

Do you have a Goliath Bird Eater? They're sooooo cool.

Not yet, but I'm planing to get one soon. But I have Lasiodora parahybana, they get to similar size as T. blondi (Goliath Bird Eater), just a bit smaller. LP's have been known to reach sizes up to 28cmLS. But mine is not adult yet, still has some growing to do. ;)

One of my three baby Poecilotheria ornata's :p
s5001651.jpg

These babies get quite big for arboreal T's too, up to 22cmLS

Last edited:
haha yeah good thing i didnt try =S She is verrrry aggressive

They scare the absolute crap out of me, but they are very gorgeous spiders. Love the ones that have the gold on them!

*shudder* I don't know ow you do it, I get the creeps just looking at their pictures!!!!

They scare the absolute crap out of me, but they are very gorgeous spiders. Love the ones that have the gold on them!

Hehe, when you see them in person and touch them you can see that they're just big fuzzy teddy bears. :p

*shudder* I don't know ow you do it, I get the creeps just looking at their pictures!!!!

I love them, that's how I do it! ;) Hehe

I wish we can keep Tarantula's in Perth :( id really like a red knee Mexican

I wish we can keep Tarantula's in Perth :( id really like a red knee Mexican

The red knees are illegal across all Australia.

I used to be scared of spiders (like a few months ago) but now I want one. I shudder when I see a huntsman and wolf spider in my room or something but when theyre in a tub or whatever I find them fascinating.

The red knees are illegal across all Australia.

I used to be scared of spiders (like a few months ago) but now I want one. I shudder when I see a huntsman and wolf spider in my room or something but when theyre in a tub or whatever I find them fascinating.

ahh ok

for some reason we are not even allowed to keep any T's in Perth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back